Away to Arbroath

Bullied down our right flank. MacIver was nowhere near good enough defensivley to play on the right side of midfield. Abroath realised at halftime we were really weak defensively and for most of the second half just put the ball in there and moved their big target man in between Mayo and Akinola.

I was surprised MacIver started ahead of Smith or Gordon.

When you go to Abroath away you either need to keep the ball better or deal with the physical battle better. We did neither.

Docherty offers a level of protection to the defence that neither Turner or Bannigan do. If we want challenge at the top of the league we need a fullback, defensive midfield and ideally a right sided midfielder. Possibly an experienced goalkeeper as well.

We have reall attacking talent but its no use if we can't get the ball to them.

• Like 1

Didn't see the game, but going by the updates sounded like a very poor performance from Thistle. Wasn't going overboard after winning the first 2 games, will do likewise after losing this game. Will wait and see where we are after the first 1/4 of the league is done. Of course we will need to improve on today's performance.

20 hours ago, jags on tour said:

I suppose it will be hard to drop anyone from the Pars game. McCall has said after the Hastie and Akinola signings they will need to work hard to get in the team first so I don't see any changes. The midfield 4 and front 2 are the best 'front 6' in the league,  we need a big game from the big keeper tomorrow. 

Stone

McKenna

Mayo

Holt

Foster

Turner

Docherty

Banzo

Tiff

Graham

Rudden.

Best front 6 in the league. You’re having a laugh. Never looked like scoring against a part time team and our only goal was an OG

29 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

Without Docherty, our midfield melts away. A serious rethink is needed about whether Bannigan should be a starter, with his one-legged play and pirouetting. How many passes are these players completing to the opposition, as opposed to our own players?

After today's display the only player I want to see start next week is Bannigan. At least he was passing the ball but I'm sure he's as capable as the others at aimless punts to nobody

14 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Didn't see the game, but going by the updates sounded like a very poor performance from Thistle. Wasn't going overboard after winning the first 2 games, will do likewise after losing this game. Will wait and see where we are after the first 1/4 of the league is done. Of course we will need to improve on today's performance.

Sensible stuff sir. I wasn't getting ready for a title party after the first 2 games and I am not getting ready for relegation after today.

Anyway, we know who was to blame for today. Step forward Michael Max (aka Norman Collier). No commentary against Dunfermline and we get a win, clean sheet, goals from set pieces and a defender scoring. Back for 90 minutes today and we have fans calling the Samaritans!

11 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Sensible stuff sir. I wasn't getting ready for a title party after the first 2 games and I am not getting ready for relegation after today.

Anyway, we know who was to blame for today. Step forward Michael Max (aka Norman Collier). No commentary against Dunfermline and we get a win, clean sheet, goals from set pieces and a defender scoring. Back for 90 minutes today and we have fans calling the Samaritans!

Don't know about anyone else but I got about 40 minutes of commentary. Like the team the second half was mostly missing!

46 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

If McCall can't work out by now how to beat Arbroath, what's the point?

what's the point GRE if it's sack XYorZ after losing a game ... we've got new players bedding in so there will be some bumps in the road in the short term ... as AJ mentioned lets see where we are after quarter or half season