Tunji Akinola

jaggymct

3 hours ago, Muscat Jag said:

I never really thought Kakay was anything other than OK. Suppose the mess he had to join didn't help the lad. Seems to be making some progress at QPR. 

Probably based on his 1st game which was at Arbroath. I thought after that he was pretty good and was disappointed when he returned to QPR.

3 hours ago, Muscat Jag said:

I never really thought Kakay was anything other than OK. Suppose the mess he had to join didn't help the lad. Seems to be making some progress at QPR. 

He at least gave his all and clearly tried unlike some of the chancers like zanatta we had.

mccall tried to get his loan extended but QPR I think it was wanted him back

Kakay also congratulated the club when we got promotion a few months ago, again some of his team mates from his time at the club wouldn’t have done that 

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Probably based on his 1st game which was at Arbroath. I thought after that he was pretty good and was disappointed when he returned to QPR.

I recall that game and made a couple of comments and these were (not verbatim):

1. First half he looked like a fish out of water and didn't seem to know what position he was supposed to be playing - full back or wide right midfield

2. In spite of the above I thought there was a player in there and that he should be given every chance. 

Subsequent to the Arbroath game he became a real force in our team and I was sorry to see him go! 

Would love him to come back but know that won't happen! 

Have we bought Tunji as a central defender or a right back? 

What happens to our current back 4 of

McKenna, Mayo, Holt, Foster?

Does it become:

Foster, Mayo, Akinola, Holt or something different. 

I know I may be in a minority but I think if McKenna is the one to drop out that would be harsh on him. 

Any thought on what our back line should be or the team formation in general, for example, are we now back to a 352 formation given Akinola is said to be pacy! 

Just some thoughts

10 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Have we bought Tunji as a central defender or a right back? 

What happens to our current back 4 of

McKenna, Mayo, Holt, Foster?

Does it become:

Foster, Mayo, Akinola, Holt or something different. 

I know I may be in a minority but I think if McKenna is the one to drop out that would be harsh on him. 

Any thought on what our back line should be or the team formation in general, for example, are we now back to a 352 formation given Akinola is said to be pacy

Just some thoughts

Funny how we can interpret that differently. I envisage Akinola to be "pacy" in so much as he'll be a comfortable on the ball and mobile centreback. I wouldn't associate a player who plays centreback and fullback necessarily meaning he'll also be a capable wingback or even an attacking No2. Fast or not he'd also have to put in quality deliveries. Besides I reckon starting 3-5-2 will be ruled out as too much on the defensive side. Plus the squad is loaded with midfield options and in wide areas as well. Admittedly there are some narrow away grounds where playing with width is difficult. So just maybe on such occasions we'd change to a 3-5-2 to protect a scoreline.

14 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

He at least gave his all and clearly tried unlike some of the chancers like zanatta we had.

Kakay also congratulated the club when we got promotion a few months ago, again some of his team mates from his time at the club wouldn’t have done that 

Zanatta seems to have started well for Raith Rovers. Maybe it is the manager there that is able to give players confidence. Was it McGlynn that helped turn Nisbet(correct spelling ?) round.

16 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I really liked Kakay and absolutely he gave his all in that team-unlike quite a few of the folks like Zanatta who promised a lot in his first game and then proceeded to unveil that he wasn't that good.

• 2 weeks later...