Morton Saturday

thebiglemon

Our front 6 are the ........... and I'm just saying nothing. Please win Jags.

Stone

Mckenna if fit / Akinola

Mayo

Holt

Foster

Turner 

Docherty

Banzo

Tiff

Graham

Rudden

I'd give this another run out tomorrow, I don't think McCall will go and make wholesale changes, maybe Hastie in for Tuner to give us some real width but who knows if he is fit.

On balance I'd go along with sticking with Stone. Two reasons...........

Firstly we can't chop and change between two keepers in their early 20s and not risk both being out of form/confidence at the same time. That sort of condition is aggravated if they both think one poor game automatically means being dropped. That sort of scenario would/could mean we have no consistency in goals at all.

Secondly I don't think Stone's shocker game last week is necessarily that unnerving. His error at the free kick wasn't so much to do with poor technique or positioning more down to being distracted by an opponent coming in from his blind side. Stupid error but something that he'll have learned from. Then that daft kick out is something you see at top level often enough. Great keepers have all been guilty of similar silliness. There is tho' a man-management issue re appeasing Sneddon, who could rightfully feel a bit miffed. Ceasing chopping and changing keepers after a bad game tho' is imo more important.

As for the game itself, unless odds were sky high, I doubt any of us would put money on guessing a likely line up.  A fit Docherty is a certain starter. It worried me that his absence last week might have wrong footed the whole team. I truly hope that wasn't the case. We can't be reliant on any one player and still have aspirations of success. That said I hope he's back tomorrow.

43 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Our front 6 are the ........... and I'm just saying nothing. Please win Jags.

Stone

Mckenna if fit / Akinola

Mayo

Holt

Foster

Turner 

Docherty

Banzo

Tiff

Graham

Rudden

I'd give this another run out tomorrow, I don't think McCall will go and make wholesale changes, maybe Hastie in for Tuner to give us some real width but who knows if he is fit.

No McKenna. Archie on Jagzone saying that he is out for 4 weeks..

So for today the Aitken Suite bar is open, season ticket holders can sit in their own seats, there is no alloted time for entry to the stadium and the catering stalls are open.....but no match programme!  I don't get it. The only reason I can think of is it that it would be a cash transaction  but surely there must be a way around that?? 

Why does the club simply not make them available to buy online like last season?

I don't understand the "transitioning towards being a cashless stadium" move, what is so bad about using cash?

I predict it will put a lot of people off (especially older fans inc me) attending games on a spur of the moment last minute decision to attend on the day.

I doubt this decision would have been made if we were a fan run club. I wonder who came up with this nonsense?

We should be making it as easy as possible for people to attend and spend money in whatever way they choose.

Edited by Sinistar
  • Like 2

Jags v Morton - a must win game:

a) if we have promotion aspiration

b) because something must give af Rugby Park

c) get back on track

d) I don't like Morton

If  we work hard as a team, get a grip of midfield and pass the ball rather than 'hump it' Graham, Rudden and Tiffoney will be too much for Morton. 

Easy 4-0 or 5-0 the Jags!! 

58 minutes ago, Sinistar said:

I don't understand the "transitioning towards being a cashless stadium" move, what is so bad about using cash?

I predict it will put a lot of people off (especially older fans inc me) attending games on a spur of the moment last minute decision to attend on the day.

I doubt this decision would have been made if we were a fan run club. I wonder who came up with this nonsense?

We should be making it as easy as possible for people to attend and spend money in whatever way they choose.

This seems to be the same for Hampden for game next Saturday, no cash accepted anywhere in stadium. This has obviously been something put in to place by Scottish Government and/or Glasgow City Council as part of 'new normal'

• Like 1