Morton Saturday

thebiglemon

5 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Jags v Morton - a must win game:

a) if we have promotion aspiration

b) because something must give af Rugby Park

c) get back on track

d) I don't like Morton

If  we work hard as a team, get a grip of midfield and pass the ball rather than 'hump it' Graham, Rudden and Tiffoney will be too much for Morton. 

Easy 4-0 or 5-0 the Jags!! 

Must say point d) is a good one!

Very enjoyable afternoon in the sunshine that.

Morton were rotten though,so we should maybe avoid getting carried away. 

Two things for sure though - we have proven goal scorers in that team and Tiff is going to be massive for us this season.

Bring on the next victims.......not that I'm getting carried away of course.

We started off well, should've been more than just a goal ahead. The game then got bogged down a bit and Morton had more of the ball, but didn't do much with it. Feared Morton equalising in the second half and us struggling. Instead we came out and scored 2 quick goals and killed the game off. Thought Gordon done well. Great to now have somebody to take good corners amd players willing to attack the ball when the corners come in. Thought Morton were very poor. But overall we played well and could have had a few more. Good to get a positive reaction after last week.

• Like 1

That is a very poor Morton team. We could have put 5 or 6 past Morton.

Really difficult to judge how good Akinola and Gordon where because Morton offered so little but both merit another chance to show they are the answer

That being said back 4 were solid and Sneddon will never have a more comfortable game in goals. Special mention goes to Kevin Holt who had Morton's start player Ugwu in his back pocket all game. So much so Ugwu got frustrated and should have been sent off for elbowing Holt in the face.

The second goal was probably the best, with the pass from Foster to Tiffoney an absolute beauty. Tiffoney's lay off to Rudden was also very good.

2 goald in 1 game from corners is just not the Thistle way.   We've probably scored more goals from corners this season than we have in the last 3 or 4 combined.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

Must say point d) is a good one!

Yes it's a good point. Very rational, based on good solid evidence and objective evaluation! All of which led me to the conclusion expressed in point (d). 

I may change my conclusion if they beat ICT, Killie &  Arbroath! 

I like ICT! 

46 minutes ago, laukat said:

That is a very poor Morton team. We could have put 5 or 6 past Morton.

Really difficult to judge how good Akinola and Gordon where because Morton offered so little but both merit another chance to show they are the answer

That being said back 4 were solid and Sneddon will never have a more comfortable game in goals. Special mention goes to Kevin Holt who had Morton's start player Ugwu in his back pocket all game. So much so Ugwu got frustrated and should have been sent off for elbowing Holt in the face.

The second goal was probably the best, with the pass from Foster to Tiffoney an absolute beauty. Tiffoney's lay off to Rudden was also very good.

2 goald in 1 game from corners is just not the Thistle way.   We've probably scored more goals from corners this season than we have in the last 3 or 4 combined.

Tiffoney and Foster seem to have a very good understanding.

In the build up to the second goal, Tiffoney pointed down the line to where Foster should put it and he duly obliged with a wonderful pass off his weaker foot. Tiffoney then played a great cut back for Rudden to rifle home.

Morton were very poor but our attacking options will be a threat to any team in this devision.