V-Passports at Firhill?

Ferris Bueller

19 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

So are you ok with that type of regulation ? 

I’m fine being tested, especially if free, and being traced if soon.

Im not fine paying £230 for a test to fly as it needs a signature when without a signature is free, or paying £68 for a day 2 test that 4 days after taking NHS Scotland still haven’t processed (I have also had 5 lateral flow tests this week for work which are all clear).

If I’ve been double vaccinated 5 weeks ago that doesn’t mean I’m not carrying it or transmitting it. Having a LFT 24 hours before a game or concert is a far better safety net 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I’m fine being tested, especially if free, and being traced if soon.

Im not fine paying £230 for a test to fly as it needs a signature when without a signature is free, or paying £68 for a day 2 test that 4 days after taking NHS Scotland still haven’t processed (I have also had 5 lateral flow tests this week for work which are all clear).

If I’ve been double vaccinated 5 weeks ago that doesn’t mean I’m not carrying it or transmitting it. Having a LFT 24 hours before a game or concert is a far better safety net 

Ok - it is clear that you have no issue with regulation and only the ability to pay for that.  To be effective, the LFD test would need to be registered and acknowledged by NHS. At the Reading festival recently, many positive tests were found discarded outside - presumably by people who just went in anyway. The point is that Vaccine passports are proof, saying I had a negative LFD test isn’t.

5 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Ok - it is clear that you have no issue with regulation and only the ability to pay for that.  To be effective, the LFD test would need to be registered and acknowledged by NHS. At the Reading festival recently, many positive tests were found discarded outside - presumably by people who just went in anyway. The point is that Vaccine passports are proof, saying I had a negative LFD test isn’t.

Vaccination passport has nothing to do with a test. It’s all to do with whether or not you’ve had a jab.

Entrance to a football ground (under proposal) will be based on whether you’ve taken the jag or not instead of whether you’ve passed a current and relevant Covid test (which are about to start costing you).

8 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

His other point is that vaccination is scant guarantee you're not carrying it or spreading it to others.

As another poster has pointed out, if this is mainly about cajoling more reluctant groups into getting their jag, it would at least be nice for it to be said so. One could however argue this amounts to coercion and violates the principle of voluntary & informed consent we have in this country

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/consent-to-treatment/

On 9/5/2021 at 3:14 PM, Norgethistle said:

Having the vaccination does not stop you catching it or transmitting it, the same as the flu vaccination, it limits the transmission level and severity if caught. So if your vaccinated (as I am) you’ve protected yourself firstly and limited the spread secondary.

2000 people die almost every week in UK from the Flu why are we not legislating for that?

This is a dangerous step towards a 2 tier system in Scotland, what’s next can’t claim dole, get a bank loan or get a doctors appointment if you can’t provide your medical history? What’s next to be added?

Where do you get the "2000 people die almost every week in UK from the Flu" ?

Even looking at the ONS stats for Deaths due to Influenza and Pneumonia published for England and Wales in 2020, it varies between 215 and the two maximum weeks were 821 and 931. Even adding in approximately 10% for Scotland and NI it would not reach 2000.

I would also assume that some of the pneumonia deaths would be due to pneumococcal strains of pneumonia.

On 9/5/2021 at 3:35 PM, Norgethistle said:

I’ve recently had the incident in my workplace where a double vaccinated off-shore employee was infected by another double vaccinated employee. The vaccination does not stop infection or transmission it merely limits it. 

Testing (free not the £300 I’ve had to pay to get back here) and rapid tracing of infected is far more effective than scanning a QR code to state you had a jag 9 weeks ago

Exceptions always prove they are exceptions …but to equate the COVID delta variant  with the flu is a very old red herring 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Vaccination passport has nothing to do with a test. It’s all to do with whether or not you’ve had a jab.

Entrance to a football ground (under proposal) will be based on whether you’ve taken the jag or not instead of whether you’ve passed a current and relevant Covid test (which are about to start costing you).

I know the difference between a vaccination and a test. Where did you see that the tests(PCR or LFD ?)will start to cost us in Scotland. If they are it will be a move away from free prescriptions, free eye tests, free dental check ups. 

35 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

His other point is that vaccination is scant guarantee you're not carrying it or spreading it to others.

As another poster has pointed out, if this is mainly about cajoling more reluctant groups into getting their jag, it would at least be nice for it to be said so. One could however argue this amounts to coercion and violates the principle of voluntary & informed consent we have in this country

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/consent-to-treatment/

Nobody ever said that vaccination was 100% effective. However, they do reduce infection, getting seriously ill and dying.

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I know the difference between a vaccination and a test. Where did you see that the tests(PCR or LFD ?)will start to cost us in Scotland. If they are it will be a move away from free prescriptions, free eye tests, free dental check ups. 

All testing was previously free, now we need to pay for testing for travel, going off shore for work and arriving in country. Norway and Germany have already stated they will not fund this indefinitely and are reviewing who and when should contribute , others will follow 

5 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

All testing was previously free, now we need to pay for testing for travel, going off shore for work and arriving in country. Norway and Germany have already stated they will not fund this indefinitely and are reviewing who and when should contribute , others will follow 

Testing for travel has never been free in the UK for departure or arrival. Testing for travel home from Finland had always been charged for the 3 trips I've made this year, but test on arrival was free

7 hours ago, jaggy said:

Testing for travel has never been free in the UK for departure or arrival. Testing for travel home from Finland had always been charged for the 3 trips I've made this year, but test on arrival was free

Testing for Travel for offshore workers was previously free both sides of North Sea, not anymore. 

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Testing for Travel for offshore workers was previously free both sides of North Sea, not anymore. 

Ok. Not for travel to another country though. The weird thing is now that I'm double vaccinated I don't need any tests or quarantine when traveling to Finland, only need tests to come home

On 9/7/2021 at 10:36 AM, jaggy said:

Ok. Not for travel to another country though. The weird thing is now that I'm double vaccinated I don't need any tests or quarantine when traveling to Finland, only need tests to come home

I don’t need a V-Passport to enter Scotland, need 2 tests (2 days before & 2 days after), but now I need a V-Passport to go to a gig, nightclub or game over 10000. 
The 10000 makes no sense, is it if capacity is over 10000 or if crowd is over 10000?

10000 in Hampden is empty but have 2000 in Dumbarton and it’s a full house. The formal has less risk of transmission than the later but the later needs no V-Passport 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

I don’t need a V-Passport to enter Scotland, need 2 tests (2 days before & 2 days after), but now I need a V-Passport to go to a gig, nightclub or game over 10000. 
The 10000 makes no sense, is it if capacity is over 10000 or if crowd is over 10000?

10000 in Hampden is empty but have 2000 in Dumbarton and it’s a full house. The formal has less risk of transmission than the later but the later needs no V-Passport 

Agree with this. When it comes to outdoor events - and we're mostly talking about football matches now as this doesn't come in till October - they're just making it up as they go along. Where's their evidence? Your example of Hampden v Dumbarton is a good one. We also had none of this during the Euros when less people were vaccinated and the risk, therefore, was probably greater.

• Like 1

It's bonkers.

I'm double jagged, wear a mask etc.

The vaccine passport proves nothing.  You can still get the virus and pass it on with the vaccine.  It does reduce severity and reduces hospitalisations and deaths.  So it proves nothing really.

On a side note Glasgow has very high levels in Europe yet its got huge gigs on with Biffy Clyro then Transmt

50 minutes ago, Arete said:

Agree with this. When it comes to outdoor events - and we're mostly talking about football matches now as this doesn't come in till October - they're just making it up as they go along. Where's their evidence? Your example of Hampden v Dumbarton is a good one. We also had none of this during the Euros when less people were vaccinated and the risk, therefore, was probably greater.

You don’t need it to attend the bingo (indoors) with a high percentage of  “at risk” people, but need it to go to a club with 100 low risk teenagers??

Im just back from Donegal where the bars ask, but are told to “F off” by locals, Garda are told the same and just shrug and leave.

This no longer has anything to do with stopping the spread (Vaccination doesn’t stop it, testing does), encouraging it’s all about control. 

I am double vaccinated but will not provide this data except when crossing a border (as I would previously for entering certain countries). 

51 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

You don’t need it to attend the bingo (indoors) with a high percentage of  “at risk” people, but need it to go to a club with 100 low risk teenagers??

Im just back from Donegal where the bars ask, but are told to “F off” by locals, Garda are told the same and just shrug and leave.

This no longer has anything to do with stopping the spread (Vaccination doesn’t stop it, testing does), encouraging it’s all about control. 

I am double vaccinated but will not provide this data except when crossing a border (as I would previously for entering certain countries). 

Out of likes. Yep, the good old days of 2020 when all this was just 'conspiracy nonsense' eh!

1 minute ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Out of likes. Yep, the good old days of 2020 when all this was just 'conspiracy nonsense' eh!

It’s quite alarming that a lot of the “conspiracies” posted then (including on here) seem to not only being proven to be true, but seem to be welcomed.

Just shows if you control the media you control the population. So was the vaccination made for COVID or was COVID made for the vaccination??

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

It’s quite alarming that a lot of the “conspiracies” posted then (including on here) seem to not only being proven to be true, but seem to be welcomed.

Just shows if you control the media you control the population. So was the vaccination made for COVID or was COVID made for the vaccination??

It's utterly bonkers. And no, we're not the only ones that feel that way (although it may feel like it at times). Hopefully with every 'booster' the population are asked to go for there'll be a few more that stop & wonder about this whole circus - but hey these things are only 'temporary' (for now) and don't be surprised if we go into more restrictions next month anyway :unknw:

10 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

It's utterly bonkers. And no, we're not the only ones that feel that way (although it may feel like it at times). Hopefully with every 'booster' the population are asked to go for there'll be a few more that stop & wonder about this whole circus - but hey these things are only 'temporary' (for now) and don't be surprised if we go into more restrictions next month anyway :unknw:

2 week lockdown? Almost 18 months

Flatten the curve?  It flattened still restrictions 

Protect NHS?  8 hour average wait for ambulance currently in Glasgow 

Vaccine 75% and all is good? Now forcing mandatory for remaining 19%

If the “script” continues expect a new lockdown followed by a massive economic issue that makes current currency worthless 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

If the “script” continues expect a new lockdown followed by a massive economic issue that makes current currency worthless 

How do you think other countries are doing by comparison?

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

How do you think other countries are doing by comparison?

I can only comment on Scandinavia where there is no forced usage of the vaccination.

The “passport” for gaining access in Denmark is about taking a negative test, they have removed emergency parliament powers after mass protests.

Sweden next to no lockdown and Stockholm has better figures than Glasgow.

Norway no usage of V-Passport except at border from non-EU country, no masks low figures, encouraging take up of vaccination rather than forcing.

8 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I called my doctor to make an appointment to see her face to face.  I was told she was only doing telephone consultations.

W hen I told her I needed my 5 yearly medical for my Coach driver licence she quickly changed her tune. 

Possibly because she charges £120 for the 40 minute consultation. 

8 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Can you give more information on this point.

Edited by BowenBoys