Partick Thistle Go Ballistic. Caley are Atrocious

partickthedog

2 hours ago, Albert's Ghost said:

In his post-match, McCall seemed to suggest he's sticking with Sneddon

He defended stone after the Arbroath game and a number of people suggested he would be sticking with him - but he still dropped him so I wouldn’t be certain 

will be interesting to see who he goes for next week 

Edited by Third Lanark

I defended Sneddon before, and scathed Stone after the Arbroath fiasco. 

Sneddon now has to be dropped after that; let Stone start and try to do well. Next time he f*cks up, we go back to Sneddon. Neither of them is a great keeper, so at least let's try do do what's best for the team. Crucial mistakes: out. Shut-outs or blameless for goals lost: keep your place. 

Simple.

Won three, lost two.... starting look like a middle of the table team.

On 9/10/2021 at 3:05 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

What does "The Occasional Horse" look like the rest of the time?

Occasional horse by the light of day, but in the evening it becomes a permanent nightmare.

The horse operates on a 24 hour cycle, unlike Thistle who can oscillate between day and night over the course of 90 minutes.

• Like 1

As was said above, we can't go on swapping keepers after a few games as soon as they make a mistake. Young keepers are prone to gaffs but unless we ditch them both for a more experienced keeper (on a loan deal?), the manager will need to decide once and for all to give one of them a longer run and live with the likes of yesterday as they gain experience. In and out of the team can't be doing their confidence any good.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

We can still sign an out of contract goalie. Banjo McKinstrey is in good form and available.

You'd really have to be hingin' around Lochburn Pk this afternoon to know what I'm rambling on about. :)

Slightly shaky start from him, but finished off on a high with the penalty performance

The first 2 goals are avoidable. The first one nobody gets a tackle in on Broadfoot and although i feel Sneddon should have done better, Broadfoot should never have been allowed to get the shot away. The second goal is all down to Sneddon, why did he even come out ? Their was a Thistle defender with the ICT forward. The third goal you just have to say a very good goal from ICT. I have only seen the goals but read that Graham missed a 'sitter' at 1-0, if we would have went in 2-0 up at HT that might have been game over. Agree with others, we can't continue to drop the keepers every time they make a mistake, that would just make their confidence even worse. Big decision for McCall to make before Saturday's game.

22 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Nuff said about the keeper. Ok he's supposed to instill confidence in his defence but the captain is supposed to inspire the whole team. Docherty was woeful today. Bullied off the ball, misplaced passes. Inspired panic.

Maybe it’s time to give the captain’s armband to Graham.Despite his bouts of petulance and seeing the red mist he is the only one on the park I see on displaying real passion ,dishing out rebukes and plaudits in equal measure as well as getting back and bolstering defence as and when required.

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

We can still sign an out of contract goalie. Banjo McKinstrey is in good form and available.

You'd really have to be hingin' around Lochburn Pk this afternoon to know what I'm rambling on about. :)

I was there a very enjoyable afternoon...Is that our first trophy of the season..

Sneddon has previous for what he did at the 2nd goal. Can't remember who it was against but he did something very similar at Firhill maybe 2 or 3 years ago.  The part I find strange is that he misjudged the through ball, but he never even put his arms up to try to do something about, just ran straight past it. Maybe those behind our goal (albeit from a distance) might have had a better angle to see why.

Very worrying that our so-called 'best 2 midfielders in the division' have been bossed in the last 2 away games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

Sneddon has previous for what he did at the 2nd goal. Can't remember who it was against but he did something very similar at Firhill maybe 2 or 3 years ago.  The part I find strange is that he misjudged the through ball, but he never even put his arms up to try to do something about, just ran straight past it. Maybe those behind our goal (albeit from a distance) might have had a better angle to see why.

Very worrying that our so-called 'best 2 midfielders in the division' have been bossed in the last 2 away games.

IIRC it was against Morton. Sneddon came rushing out from his goal and was chipped by the Morton player, who was a certain Scott Tiffoney.

Just watched the highlights.

Sneddon: can't "blame" him for the first, because how can you "have done better" when the ball is completely out of your reach. Blameless also for the third.

Now, the second goal: I'd love to see an interview where he gets asked what was going through his mind. Why not just put your hands up and either catch  the f'n' ball or punch it out for a shy?  Why just run, turn, stand and watch?

Not just our keepers that appear dodgy: the whole defensive set-up looks fragile.

Not sure why we succumbed to Old Firm Loanee Syndrome and broke up the successful Holt/Akinola central defensive partnership. They seemed to be developing a good understanding and were dominant against admittedly weaker opposition.

If we are going to play a Kyle Walker style big strong defender who can still get up and down the pitch type of right back, then Mayo seems better equipped for this than Akinola.

14 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I defended Sneddon before, and scathed Stone after the Arbroath fiasco. 

Sneddon now has to be dropped after that; let Stone start and try to do well. Next time he f*cks up, we go back to Sneddon. Neither of them is a great keeper, so at least let's try do do what's best for the team. Crucial mistakes: out. Shut-outs or blameless for goals lost: keep your place. 

Simple.

Won three, lost two.... starting look like a middle of the table team.

Should Graham be dropped for his miss ?

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Should Graham be dropped for his miss ?

Graham’s miss was awful.  But Graham has played a big part in us winning games 

can’t say the same about Sneddon.  We beat QOS in spite of his terrible blunder for the first. Didn’t play against the pars. Against Morton he didn’t have a save to make.

same in our great unbeaten run of games last season in the likes of Clyde game we won 2-0,  Montrose 5-0, Falkirk 5-0 etc etc he really didn’t have much to do especially in comparison to what Brian Graham was doing at the other end.   

I didn’t hear you complain either when stone was dropped because of his howlers.

53 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Graham’s miss was awful.  But Graham has played a big part in us winning games 

can’t say the same about Sneddon.  We beat QOS in spite of his terrible blunder for the first. Didn’t play against the pars. Against Morton he didn’t have a save to make.

same in our great unbeaten run of games last season in the likes of Clyde game we won 2-0,  Montrose 5-0, Falkirk 5-0 etc etc he really didn’t have much to do especially in comparison to what Brian Graham was doing at the other end.   

I didn’t hear you complain either when stone was dropped because of his howlers.

Sneddon may not have had much to do but that's one hell of way of making whatever contribution he did make sound almost like a negative. I realise you're replying to comment but comparing the efforts/achievements of a goalkeeper with that of a centre forward is kinda, let's say difficult. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Sneddon may not have had much to do but that's one hell of way of making whatever contribution he did make sound almost like a negative. I realise you're replying to comment but comparing the efforts/achievements of a goalkeeper with that of a centre forward is kinda, let's say difficult. 

One mostly seems to be scoring goals in the majority of the time he is here - although clearly did do that on Saturday.  Is still good enough to be a championship striker 

the other has been here 4 years and is still producing goalkeeping calamities rather than vastly improving- in fact there’s an argument for saying that he’s not really improved at all- though kenny Arthur is also responsible for that.  While Graham is good enough to be a championship striker I have not anything to suggest that Sneddon is a championship level goalkeeper either this season or in Previous seasons 

17 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

from Tommy Taylor's twitter account https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_Gt7c9WEAUt0Nq?format=jpg&name=4096x4096 :thumbsup2:

Watched Edinburgh derby yesterday.  Both keepers  were immense.  Really highlighted the importance of between the sticks as feel at present if our pair played yesterday it would have been 4-4 rather than goalless.  There must be a Paul Gallacher type somewhere out there we can find to steady the ship and bring on the young lads at same time.