A Bit Quiet

Jaggernaut

It's a bit quiet on here so far today. Eighteen hours since the last post, my comp. tells me.

Aren't we languishing and needing some urgent changes?

Aren't our goalkeepers a couple of bomb scares?

Aren't our defenders too slow and not a patch on SOD and ATM (or even Penrice)?

Aren't our midfielders too predictable?

Aren't our forwards playing the same old tune with few results to show?

Isn't the pigeon sh*t on the seats still a turn-off?

Etc.

Or has some epic story broken elsewhere that I don't yet know about?

Edited by Jaggernaut

52 minutes ago, fenski said:

Raith Rovers are quite enjoyable to watch too. They control the ball well and seem willing to play the both through the middle and down the wing.

Starks Park is closer to me than Firhill... Hmm

Lucky you.....my closest senior club is a 45 minute car journey up the A2 & M2 to Gillingham's Priestfield Stadium - when I get the petrol  :white_flag:

Edited by East Kent Jag II
spelling correction

I went to the Penicuik Athletic vs Tranent Juniors Scottish Cup first round. Nice lunch beforehand, decent crowd (it was all ticket), back down at pitch level and three feet away from the touchline, some decent skill on show (sadly from Tranent) and rounded off with a few commiseration beers. All 10mins walk from home.

4 hours ago, Aliballibee said:

I went to the Penicuik Athletic vs Tranent Juniors Scottish Cup first round. Nice lunch beforehand, decent crowd (it was all ticket), back down at pitch level and three feet away from the touchline, some decent skill on show (sadly from Tranent) and rounded off with a few commiseration beers. All 10mins walk from home.

Mind Penicuik giving Jags a game at Firhill in cup a couple of years ago.  Scored in 1st min and that ended up being FT score.  Decent crowd brought through as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Mind Penicuik giving Jags a game at Firhill in cup a couple of years ago.  Scored in 1st min and that ended up being FT score.  Decent crowd brought through as well.

That was embarrassing that game,I think we all thought that when we scored so early it was going to be double figures..Am I rite in thinking that they could have in the last few minutes...

Regarding Zanatta he was also very poor at Ayr last season. He seems to be in the same mould as Shankland and Nisbet, failed at a few clubs and then realise if they want to get a career out the game they need to knuckle down and get on with it. McGlynn also got the best out of Nisbet when he went to Raith.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Regarding Zanatta he was also very poor at Ayr last season. He seems to be in the same mould as Shankland and Nisbet, failed at a few clubs and then realise if they want to get a career out the game they need to knuckle down and get on with it. McGlynn also got the best out of Nisbet when he went to Raith.

I'd agree with you more re Zanatta if he'd ditched the play acting and grown up a bit. He's not much good at the kidology anyway. He couldn't even manage to fool Andrew Dallas .

5 hours ago, fenski said:

There's a guy on P&B slagging this thread off - something about it being boring dad chat. I wish I was sprightly enough to register for P&B so I could give him a thorough ticking off. But I'm not... Off for my afternoon nap now.

I'm glad I cut the garden earlier in the week. It's raining today. I wonder where I left my glasses.

3 hours ago, elevenone said:

Edinburgh City take early lead v Cowdenbeath in the Friday night game.  Can ex Jags Liam Buchanan and Kyle Hutton find a way back in?  Talking of the latter, mind when he signed on loan and we all had high hopes?  Turned out to be another Ugly Sisters crapee loanee.

Maybees a bit unfair on Hutton. At least he wasn't a billy-big-boots loanee. Seem to mind he should've cleared a ball but got caught trying to play it and cost us a goal but he was usually sound enough if nothing special. Hutton's like Liam 's career was hampered badly by injury and probably meant they ended up playing a division or so below potential. I mind when Hutton was coming back from injury and trying to find his way back into the sevco squad. He broke a bone in his foot after a tackle from Gary Fraser during an under 20's match. Total accident but I think this was at a time when Gary was serving his lengthy first team ban.

9 hours ago, elevenone said:

Edinburgh City take early lead v Cowdenbeath in the Friday night game.  Can ex Jags Liam Buchanan and Kyle Hutton find a way back in?  Talking of the latter, mind when he signed on loan and we all had high hopes?  Turned out to be another Ugly Sisters crapee loanee.

Edinburgh City seem to play all their home games on a Friday night. Do they groundshare ?

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

Edinburgh City seem to play all their home games on a Friday night. Do they groundshare ?

In an Edinburgh Evening News article, the club said that they want to attract  Hibs or Hearts fans to their games, if those fans can't get to a game. A  "second club'.  I think the inference is that they turn up if either Premier club has an away game, or game where they can't get tickets, but still want to see a game.

Stockport County  in the Manchester area and Tranmere Rovers in the Liverpool area have successfully done this for years.

• Thanks 1