A Bit Quiet

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, East Kent Jag II said:

In an Edinburgh Evening News article, the club said that they want to attract  Hibs or Hearts fans to their games, if those fans can't get to a game. A  "second club'.  I think the inference is that they turn up if either Premier club has an away game, or game where they can't get tickets, but still want to see a game.

Stockport County  in the Manchester area and Tranmere Rovers in the Liverpool area have successfully done this for years.

I remember in the 60s and 70s it was quite common to see supporters of other clubs at Firhill if their match had been postponed and ours was still on; many would even be wearing their team's scarf.  I think that happens much less these days. 

I'd be more likely to go to a lower-league match or even a junior match (are they still called that) than another SPFL match, although I did watch the Edi derby live on a free stream a couple of weeks ago. Quite enjoyed it, especially the excellent goalkeeping on both sides. Game ended 0-0.

1 hour ago, allyo said:

I'm thinking I'll go today. First time back. Don't have a decent smart phone or a printer but the website seems to show that the cabins behind the JHS will be open for selling tickets. Hadn't realised that,  can someone confirm?

This was on the official website 

Provision will be made at the Jackie Husband ticket office for home supporters, without bank cards or online access, to use cash to purchase tickets for this game.

I also seem to mind the catering is going "card only" today (or if not, imminently). Personally I think the move away from cash transactions at Firhill is jumping the gun and will be off putting to many. Kids get in for free but require a bank card to get something to eat or drink? Then again with the price of the pies at Firhill, a "spread the payment" scheme might be welcomed.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, elevenone said:

Stevie Lawless departs Motherwell yesterday.  In my opinion would enhance our midfield and allow room for Tiffoney.

Bit of a chat about it on Facebook since yesterday. Most are in favour of a return if possible. I think he's the type of player we're missing

If there's no plans for Hastie beyond January we'll need balance. To that end, a left sided attacking mid to cut in from the right flank. Lawless fits the bill, plus he's reasonably versatile. However both his fitness levels and overall attitude would have to be spot on. I think the latter may have been a problem towards the end of his last stint with us plus I've no idea why he's leaving 'Well. The vast majority of attacking wide players (wingers) run hot and cold. That's ok but anything more than that it should be a no thanks.  

Being mutually consented so soon after a window closed points to Alexander not wanting him around the premises under any circumstances. There has to be a reason for that being the case as he hasn't featured in the match day pool since August.

Sadly Stevie's motivation these days appears to be to make more use of his season ticket at Ibrox.

Not sure if he can sign for anybody anyway before the window reopens - could be wrong about that though.

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Being mutually consented so soon after a window closed points to Alexander not wanting him around the premises under any circumstances. There has to be a reason for that being the case as he hasn't featured in the match day pool since August.

Sadly Stevie's motivation these days appears to be to make more use of his season ticket at Ibrox.

Not sure if he can sign for anybody anyway before the window reopens - could be wrong about that though.

If he us unattached ( free agent) I think he can. Might be wrong though Barney.

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

If he us unattached ( free agent) I think he can. Might be wrong though Barney.

He can’t sign for anyone in Scotland(or England for that matter) until January as he wasn’t a free agent when the summer window closed in August.

Very strange timing considering he could have came on loan to a Championship club anytime until 30th September - must have been a mega fallout to not get the professional courtesy of being kept in the game until the next window.

5 hours ago, G SUS said:

He can’t sign for anyone in Scotland(or England for that matter) until January as he wasn’t a free agent when the summer window closed in August.

Very strange timing considering he could have came on loan to a Championship club anytime until 30th September - must have been a mega fallout to not get the professional courtesy of being kept in the game until the next window.

Exactly this.

His Twitterwitterings don't show him in a good light either,

Did he have previous for social media stupidity while employed at Thistle? I seem to remember something but cannot find a context?

5 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Exactly this.

His Twitterwitterings don't show him in a good light either,

Did he have previous for social media stupidity while employed at Thistle? I seem to remember something but cannot find a context?

Struggling to remember too, but I think it related to that awful 3-1 home loss to Ross County in the second season after promotion. Thistle not only played poorly but several players displayed a bad attitude. Stevie said something like “Time for a change of scenery”. I think that he had been left on the bench and this reflected similar comments from an unhappy Nathan Ecclestone who had left Thistle a few weeks previously..

There were rumours that Archie had lost the dressing room. In true Thistle fashion, the team turned the situation on its head the next week in a brilliant 2-0 win at Tannadice, including Stephen O”Donnell’s wonder goal.

• Like 1