QOTS game.

jags on tour

Just turned over to the Sco U21 game and and I see Mayo is starting so he'll be unavailable, no sign of Rudden in the squad, I just assumed he was called up but it doesn't look like he was? 

Will the team just be Hendrie into left back and Holt to centre back then keep the rest of the team as it was vs Ayr?

I not a believer in loan players but loosing the the balance of Mayo at the back to the Scotland under 21’s and Foster for all his years made a difference. Also if McCall wanted to change the midfield to accommodate Turner he should have dropped Docherty to the bench and kept Bannigan, unless he is carrying a knock. It may be the diddy cup but it would still be nice to win it.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Trouble is they're a bit shit.

Haha

Not sure about that. Let’s find out. They’ve looked pretty good coming on as subs recently and Gordon’s had some serious injuries. 

Im fed up with right backs who offer nothing in attack.

The almost total lack of interest in the run-up to this match on here seems to have been paralleled by the team's performance. 

It truly is the diddiest of competitions, and our (inevitable) defeat tells us nothing that we don't already know about the team.

It's the league performances that really count.

ETA: From the highlights; looks like we played some good stuff, but squandered at least three chances which should have ended up in the net.

Their first was a wonder strike out of nothing, and the second was due to a basic, costly defensive error.

Should we lose games like that? No, definitely not, but let's wait and see what happens vs. Hamilton next week.

Edited by Jaggernaut

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

The almost total lack of interest in the run-up to this match on here seems to have been paralleled by the team's performance. 

It truly is the diddiest of competitions, and our (inevitable) defeat tells us nothing that we don't already know about the team.

It's the league performances that really count.

ETA: From the highlights; looks like we played some good stuff, but squandered at least three chances which should have ended up in the net.

Their first was a wonder strike out of nothing, and the second was due to a basic, costly defensive error.

Should we lose games like that? No, definitely not, but let's wait and see what happens vs. Hamilton next week.

Agree. This trophy, imo, isn't worth the effort. Only thing that worries me is a definite lack of real depth in the squad. But. Onto Accies and hopefully improve our recent away form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Agree. This trophy, imo, isn't worth the effort. Only thing that worries me is a definite lack of real depth in the squad. But. Onto Accies and hopefully improve our recent away form.

In agreement with you sir.

The competition needs to return to when it was treated a bit more seriously by clubs. Get rid of the Premiership B teams, the 30 clubs outside the top flight plus the Highland League & Lowland League winners.

I think we have good quality in the squad but need to hope we just keep it to Brownlie & Bell being the only ones out until January when we can hopefully increase the numbers (without lessening the quality).

Accies on a plastic pitch on a Friday night is the sort of game that might require us being a bit more gritty than we have been away so far this season, but to be in the top 4 come the end of the season we need to grind out some points away from home.

• Like 1