QOTS game.

jags on tour

It might not be everybody's cup of tea but it currently represents the only chance we have of winning something. Well at least it did......

Pretty sure if we'd made it to the final versus Kilmarnock, it would have been some day for both sets of fans. 

Edited by CotterJag

4 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

It might not be everybody's cup of tea but it currently represents the only only chance we have of winning something. Well at least it did......

Pretty sure if we'd made it to the final versus Kilmarnock, it would have been some day for both sets of fans. 

We are going to have to win the Scottish Cup.

I'd rather see the League Cup taken far more seriously. I like the idea of the mini leagues but dislike how we have to use those games as competitive friendlies. Delay at least two or three of the group fixtures till after the League season starts and that would help. Seems daft to me that the Challenge Cup is given more credence/priority than the League Cup in its early stages when later on it's naturally the other way round. I can't believe any sponsors of the League Cup would be keen to see the early fixture used as glorified friendlies. It kinda devalues their product but then again Doncaster has no great track record re sponsorship so he has probably sold the competition short anyway.

The Challenge Cup would be a fine competition if it was restricted more or less to part time clubs (effectively 32 clubs from League One, League Two plus say top six Highland and top six Lowland clubs). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

We are going to have to win the Scottish Cup.

That's probably for another year.

Had some great Promotion parties over the years but a Cup win would top the lot imo.

Who's to say it won't be our turn in the next 5 years.

When I think of some of the other teams that have won the Cups', we have a chance.

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'd rather see the League Cup taken far more seriously. I like the idea of the mini leagues but dislike how we have to use those games as competitive friendlies. Delay at least two or three of the group fixtures till after the League season starts and that would help. Seems daft to me that the Challenge Cup is given more credence/priority than the League Cup in its early stages when later on it's naturally the other way round. I can't believe any sponsors of the League Cup would be keen to see the early fixture used as glorified friendlies. It kinda devalues their product but then again Doncaster has no great track record re sponsorship so he has probably sold the competition short anyway.

The Challenge Cup would be a fine competition if it was restricted more or less to part time clubs (effectively 32 clubs from League One, League Two plus say top six Highland and top six Lowland clubs). 

Spot on but far to sensible for Doncaster and his cronies.

I was there last night. We struggled a little with the surface, but generally had slightly the better of matters and looked the more likely scorers in the first half. Second half more even until they scored.  Our major problem was a constant punting of high floaty balls from the back. Tunji is my favourite player, but he was the worst culprit. The one time he carried the ball forward right into the guts of their defence, we really opened them up, and I was hoping that he would do it again.

In an ideal world, their striker should have been closed down earlier, but you could not argue with the quality of that goal. To be fair on MacIver, thing began to happen when he came on. He had some good head flicks and got himself into great positions, but he then has no confidence, conviction or composure. Hopefully one well-struck finish could get him up and running as a serious and game-changing contributor from the bench.  

We seem to have too many natural central defenders and too few natural full backs.

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

To be fair on MacIver, thing began to happen when he came on. He had some good head flicks and got himself into great positions, but he then has no confidence, conviction or composure. Hopefully one well-struck finish could get him up and running as a serious and game-changing contributor from the bench. 

Very difficult for him since he’s rarely used and only from the bench. He’s possibly trying too hard to make a mark. There might be a player in there - I think he can hold the ball well and is good in the air - but the occasional 15 mins here and there isn’t going to give him a chance to prove himself either way. Some folk write him off but he’s never really had a chance. 

On 10/8/2021 at 9:49 PM, Weebaw1 said:

He needs to shake the team up.

Murray and Gordon should start.

Therein lies the problem. Without being as brutal as Albert's Ghost, Murray and Gordon aren't good enough. Rapidly coming to the conclusion that we have a problem with the quality of our midfield. Apart from a couple of games at the start of the season Docherty just doesn't impress me. For some reason McCall seems to think he's something special at this level.  Turner is another that I'm not convinced by. Does set piece delivery justify the inclusion of a lightweight player? 

I get that no one is that bothered about this tournament but I'm baffled that we'd put out a relatively strong side and then put in such a half hearted performance. The 2nd half was frankly pathetic.