PTFC Women

Jaggernaut

Another great result for the women just in: 3-2 vs. Hibs. I feared the worst after they went 1-0 down, and this shortly after a couple of drubbings at both feet of the auld filth. But great spirit and determination by the wimmen, and some fine play.

Great to be able to watch these games live for free on Youtube!

26 minutes ago, glasgow boy said:

Girls football really taken off now

I run wee academy and one girl has just signed for celtic 

Great. Some people, including some on here, more or less sneer at women's football, but I enjoy it because it's clear that generally speaking they don't have the same skill levels as men. Neither do I, so I can empathize more with it!

Would the sneerers also sneer at primary schoolboys' football?

But actually in the matches that I've watched (especially internationals), there are  women players who are extremely talented and classy to watch.

Hard to tell today, but it even looked like the crowd today would have matched quite a few junior match attendances.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

The Women's Team are looking for some financial help to get a sleeve sponsor:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/partick-thistle-womens-charity-sleeve?utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

I have watched the home games on youtube this season and they are a credit to themselves with their attitude and no lack of skill either so it would be great if they hit this target.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Big shout out to the women, who've just come from behind to earn a draw against Motherwell in the Cup, and then went on to win the penalty shoot out! And some fine good football played too!

Yes, watched a good bit of it on youtube. 4 excellent penalties and a great save from our keeper against Leanne Crichton (I am sure Mr Graham won't mention it to her on Friday night).

1 hour ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Yes, but the Jags were expected to be turned over by all of the other clubs, after being added to the League because of the demise of another club. That, thankfully,  has been wishful thanking. 

Yes, absolutely, and I agree that to be upsides and battling evenly with a long established and experienced team like Motherwell is great going!