PTFC Women

Jaggernaut

13 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I searched for live coverage of yesterday's match on Youtube, but couldnae find it.....

It was an away game. PTW aren't allowed to stream their away games but I think they have offered a live stream for all non-televised home games this season. 

• Administrators

It's nice to see a wee thread on here about PTWFC. 

Since our elevation to SWPL1 there's definitely been an uptick in level of interest in their fortunes but we're not really seeing that reflected in our attendances. 

Just out of curiosity what is there, if anything, that would see a passive interest in the women's team translate into going along to even the occasional game? 

Genuinely interested to hear people's thoughts and suggestions re this. 

2 hours ago, admin said:

Since our elevation to SWPL1 there's definitely been an uptick in level of interest in their fortunes but we're not really seeing that reflected in our attendances. 

Just out of curiosity what is there, if anything, that would see a passive interest in the women's team translate into going along to even the occasional game? 

Summer football!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

As I live in Fife I'd definitely make an effort if they were playing a team closer to home. I wonder if there would consideration given to playing a PTFC Women's game before a men's game at Firhill. Appreciate that there are logistical issues and it would need to be in spring/ early autumn but I think it's been done in other countries. 

12 hours ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Watching the Celtic game on iplayer.  Men v boys.  OK women v girls.

I have bad memories of the 'tic "gentlemen" putting 7 past us on a few occasions in the (thankfully increasingly distant) past.

Not to mention similar doings by Aberdeen, St. Johnstone, even Clydebank..... :no:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

It's been an exciting time recently for Partick Thistle WFC. 

Last Sunday's win over Hamilton was huge. 

Earlier this week we completed the signing of Taylor Fisher from Glasgow City. She's just 19, a striker, and has Champions League experience with Glasgow City. 

We've another signing to be announced next week and both these girls are players of real calibre and will add a lot to the great group that we already have. 

We're really progressing as a Club. 

We've detected a real increase in interest in how we are progressing and our crowds at home games have been on the rise but it would be nice if we had a few more coming along. 

We've a Scottish Cup tie with Boroughmuir Thistle at Petershill Park on Sunday. This is already the furthest we've progressed in the competition and if we defeat out SWPL2 opponents on Sunday we will be in the last 8. 

Kick-off at Petershill Park is 12:30pm for a game that will be played to a finish with extra-time and penalties if required. 

Admission is £7 with kids going Free. 

If you've ever thought about coming along to cheer us on then Sunday would be the ideal time to do so. Hopefully it will be a double Scottish Cup winning weekend for Thistle. 

On 2/7/2022 at 1:16 PM, elevenone said:

Brian Graham was red carded.  I trust this would not count towards any ban on his playing side?

Good question - he might be?

I was carded in an SFA Affiliated 5 A side league and it counted towards my playing in my regular Saturday team. The idiot referee actually went on to have a season in the old Scottish Premier League; not much has changed!

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

A majority of the 17 women's clubs have voted to leave the SWF and join the SPFL. Have they not been watching how Neil Doncaster and co have run the men's game. :thinking:

Having just read the same item on the BBC Sport website, I had exactly the same thought, but you beat me to it. Words like "increased professionalism", "driving up standards", "adding significant value", "taking the game to the next level" etc were used. Surely the SWF could not have been so bad that the SPFL could be deemed a better option.

I suppose that money must lie at the root of it somewhere. However, when Neil Doncaster says "sporting and commercial sense", you begin to wonder.

Beware the Voice of Saruman.