PTFC Women

Jaggernaut

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

Are there weekly tv highlights somewhere? Either PTFC or the BBC?

BBC Scotland at 7pm on Mondays for the BBC's SWPL highlights programme. 

You can see our highlights from yesterday's, and loads of other matches, game via the Partick Thistle Women's FC youtube channel via the link below: 

Hearts v Partick Thistle - Match Highlights - 27th February 2022 - YouTube

34 minutes ago, admin said:

BBC Scotland at 7pm on Mondays for the BBC's SWPL highlights programme. 

You can see our highlights from yesterday's, and loads of other matches, game via the Partick Thistle Women's FC youtube channel via the link below: 

Hearts v Partick Thistle - Match Highlights - 27th February 2022 - YouTube

Cheers!

4 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Unfortunately the women followed the men's example today and lost 2 late goals after taking an early lead against Aberdeen.

Still have a 2 point lead over Hearts who are in the relegation play off spot with games in hand.

I watched it live on YouTube. Unfortunately, Aberdeen seemed to step up a gear and then just looked faster and more skilled. The Jags defence did well, but the second goal seemed bound to come for some time.

12 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Unfortunately the women followed the men's example today and lost 2 late goals after taking an early lead against Aberdeen.

Still have a 2 point lead over Hearts who are in the relegation play off spot with games in hand.

Has the reorganisation  of the leagues for next season been approved yet? IIRC the top league is to be expanded so I assumed that there would be no relegation this year.

14 hours ago, fifexile said:

Has the reorganisation  of the leagues for next season been approved yet? IIRC the top league is to be expanded so I assumed that there would be no relegation this year.

I know there was a vote for the top leagues to come under the umbrella of the SPFL but was not aware of any reorganisation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scotty said:

Didn't that happen last season?

Can't remember all the details but Thistle were promoted at the 11th hour when Forfar Farmington announced they were folding. 

I thought that following the vote by the Women's Association to join the SPFL that there was another reorganisation with 2 teams promoted from the 1st division to the Premier with no relegation. 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, fifexile said:

Can't remember all the details but Thistle were promoted at the 11th hour when Forfar Farmington announced they were folding. 

I thought that following the vote by the Women's Association to join the SPFL that there was another reorganisation with 2 teams promoted from the 1st division to the Premier with no relegation. 

11hr plus additional time. The season had already started, albeit the SWPL Cup, when Forfar Farmington announced their senior team wouldn't be able to fulfil their fixtures (they still play at various youth age groups) and we were invited to fill their vacancy in SWPL1. 

The intent, as I understand it, is that the current season will be played as intended, i.e. bottom of SWPL1 is relegated and top of SWPL2, which will be Dundee United, will be promoted. Second bottom of SWPL1 will play-off against 2nd in SWPL2. 

Only once those promotion/relegation issues have been played out will the leagues then be restructured. There is a father obvious way how this can happen but we aren't at that stage yet. 

Btw we play Hibs at Petershill Park on Friday April 1st in the quarter-final of the Scottish Cup. Some extra support at that, and all home games, would be very much appreciated. 

• Administrators

I think this interview with Lauren Grant who returned to the team on Sunday after a nasty injury at the start of the season, sums up the group of players perfectly. 

A real desire to play football. They do a fantastic job in representing our Club. 

• Administrators

I'm really looking forward to this game.

A cup quarter-final under the Peasy floodlights, what's not to love?

Reaching the last four of this tournament would be a phenomenal achievement. With a favourable draw a place in the Final would be a realistic proposition were we to get through. Just think, Partick Thistle in the Final of the Scottish Cup.

It will be a hard game tonight. Hibs are a good side. But do you know what, so are we.

We beat Hibs the last time they came to Peasy and we've grown as side since then.

It's just £7 to get in tonight and Free for kids so why not make it a family Friday night out. These girls are fantastic representatives of our Club. They deserve as much support as possible.

C'mon The Jags. 

On 3/15/2022 at 8:55 AM, fifexile said:

Correct - read that yesterday. Dundee Utd already promoted to SWPL so one more team to go.

This is great news for PTWFC and allows Graham and his management team to plan earlyvfor next season (where have I heard this before?).

As far as I can see we need the squad to:

- improve fitness and athleticism

- have more pace throughout the team but especially in defence. 

I think but not sure about the goalkeeper position. I thought we signed a really good keeper but did we have two keepers on long term injury absence. A keeper who can reach the high shot where the flight of the ball is just under the crossbar would be good. I think though this is true of most teams in the SWPL.

We have some really good players and the technique and  commitment of the players is impressive.

Cup semi-finals - brilliant!

• Like 1