Hamilton v Jags

elevenone

Not in anyway superstitious but last time I started match thread on the day we humped Ayr so here goes.

Apart from the long term injuries to Brownlie and Bell pretty much a full squad to choose from (although think Stone carrying a knock according to IM).  Accies seem a tad Jekyll and Hyde like us, pumped by Arbroath, losing at home to a poor Ayr team before then beating ICT with ten men.

On what is a horrible pitch will take any form of win and chance to be in top half after first round of fixtures.

ps Friday night.  Does this mean the game will be on Alba?

7 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Not in anyway superstitious but last time I started match thread on the day we humped Ayr so here goes.

Apart from the long term injuries to Brownlie and Bell pretty much a full squad to choose from (although think Stone carrying a knock according to IM).  Accies seem a tad Jekyll and Hyde like us, pumped by Arbroath, losing at home to a poor Ayr team before then beating ICT with ten men.

On what is a horrible pitch will take any form of win and chance to be in top half after first round of fixtures.

ps Friday night.  Does this mean the game will be on Alba?

Think it’s on the BBC Scotland channel .

• Thanks 1

Next 3 games are Hamilton, Dunfermline and Morton. Arguably the worst teams in the league. Need to get 5 points minimum from these 3 games to have any chance of doing better than mid-table. As has been said, Friday night with cameras on a plastic pitch, I have very low expectations. I'd take a draw now if offered.

12 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Next 3 games are Hamilton, Dunfermline and Morton. Arguably the worst teams in the league. Need to get 5 points minimum from these 3 games to have any chance of doing better than mid-table. As has been said, Friday night with cameras on a plastic pitch, I have very low expectations. I'd take a draw now if offered.

Interestingly the last draw we had was 20 games ago, including 3 friendlies,  away at Cove Rangers on 27 April. 

Hamilton have conceded 15 league goals this season,  we've conceded 13.  I wonder what the odds are on a high scoring draw.

" Steven Bell had a bit of a set-back with his injury and we’re going to have a chat about how to progress with that next week", said the manager. I might be reading too much into that but... given he hasn't played so far this season (?) and it's mid October, and sounds like he could be out for a while yet.... could the chat be about coming to a mutual agreement to terminate his contract? 

As for the game, I like it when the consensus seems to be low expectations. I'm sure empirical analysis would show when Jags fans are confident we predominantly end up with nil pois :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Odds on that currently 11-1. 

2-2draw 14-1.

Being a Friday night  on the telly game, I long ago gave up watching, as I thought I was bringing the team  bad luck.  Nothing altered, though  :happy2:

or 45-1 for 3-3 :thumbsup2:

surprised the bookies have us as favs tbh.