Hamilton v Jags

elevenone

37 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Superb result and performance. McCall's interview there was hilarious " Apologies in advance for the media performance of Rudden and Tiffoney. They've got an IQ of 100 between them" :)

And Tiffoney looking incredulous at Rudden “you’re no claiming the that goal, ur ye?” :clapping:

Excellent night. Tiffoney was tremendous. Had a decent enough first half but was unbelievably good after the break. The entire team tho' put in a grand performance. 

Btw amazing to say that even after losing six goals Accies shouldn't be embarrassed by their performance. Well not in comparison to yon referee, anyway. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Terrific effort all round .MOTM for me was Tiffoney who is at times unplayable .Only downside was the needless yellows which might prove costly over the next 2-3 games if the likes of big barnstorming Graham sees the red mist again .

Yeah but most of these yellow cards came about because when the referee was presented with a difficult decision he decided to pretend it hadn't happened. Complete and utter coward. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Camallain said:

Given our Friday night form , which has been consistently garbage for years, I have very low expectations for tonight. The fact that it’s on TV doesn’t do anything to improve my pessimism either !

This pessimism thing seems to work a treat :thumbsup:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, westertonjagfan said:

Superb result and performance. McCall's interview there was hilarious " Apologies in advance for the media performance of Rudden and Tiffoney. They've got an IQ of 100 between them" :)

I thought that was disgraceful. If my manager said something like that about me I would be straight on to HR with a complaint. It wasn’t even said with any humour.

I hope he apologised to them afterwards, but I wouldn’t bank on it.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I thought that was disgraceful. If my manager said something like that about me I would be straight on to HR with a complaint. It wasn’t even said with any humour.

I believe it was meant to be firmly tongue in cheek, but he should be more careful about quips like that.

34 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Don’t be so precious.

He was having a laugh as I suspect the players were during the interview. The team spirit is there for all to see and McCall is part of that.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

I believe it was meant to be firmly tongue in cheek, but he should be more careful about quips like that.

One way of looking at it would be to imagine he made the exact same comments after a defeat. Tongue in cheek or not then that could've been most harmful and DD's posts would be spot on. The fact is that it wasn't the case and imo just typical McCall patter. Said in good fun and firmly representative of his "I'm one of the lads" man-management style. I believe that even the harshest critics of McCall will acknowledge he's usually got a very good relationship with his players. Might even be a case to argue that he's often too friendly and loyal to players.

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

It was very much tongue in cheek. Possibly ok as banter in private (although I know someone who got a written warning for something similar). Definitely not ok on live television. I'm sure, outwardly, Zac and Tiff took it well but who knows what resentment and embarrassment they are feeling today.

Canny beat a bit of stone cold Glaswegian  dry humour. You either get it or you don't (cf English press with Andy Murray). 

What a game though. The jags will be scaring the rest of the league at the moment. One of my neighbours is an ICT fan, and right now I'm thinking.... might take them. 

Edited by alx