Hamilton v Jags

elevenone

23 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I thought that was disgraceful. If my manager said something like that about me I would be straight on to HR with a complaint. It wasn’t even said with any humour.

I hope he apologised to them afterwards, but I wouldn’t bank on it.

It was said with humour , only on a PTFC forum

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

We all know the stories of managers throwing cups in dressing rooms, hairdryer treatment etc. Rightly or wrongly behaviour that would not be accepted in other workplaces is acceptable at football clubs. I hope if McCall reflects on what he said he will have a word with the players if he feels that it is required.

Think the banter that goes on in a dressing room is more brutal than a off the cuff remark that Ian McCall made . Maybe we should rewrite history, no more Scott “Trigger “McLean ,  Gerry Britton was a daftie before he got his Law Degree and we’ll tell John Lambie to stop swearing.

Only on a PTFC forum after an amazing 6 -1 away victory.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

That was all a bit depressing.

Einstein said “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”  

Edited October 8 by Dick Dastardly

So was it Ian McCall or the players you believe are insane? Now I know you are not their employer but is it only wrong to suggest something has a mental health issue if they work for you? I am all for people treating and being treated correctly but good old common sense must still have a part to play (I hope).

@Fawlty Towers thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I unconditionally apologise for any offence caused or taken by my previous comments. None were intended on any individual or group and I will be more careful in the language that I use in future. Mental health and education are serious issues in our society and should not be taken lightly.

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Think the banter that goes on in a dressing room is more brutal than a off the cuff remark that Ian McCall made . Maybe we should rewrite history, no more Scott “Trigger “McLean ,  Gerry Britton was a daftie before he got his Law Degree and we’ll tell John Lambie to stop swearing.

Only on a PTFC forum after an amazing 6 -1 away victory.

That was the point i was trying to make.I took it as an off the cuff humorous remark made by McCall. But if any of the players involved took it any other way, then  he should have a word with them. I would expect a manager as experienced as ours to know how his players would react to any remarks he made about them.

6 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

That was the point i was trying to make.I took it as an off the cuff humorous remark made by McCall. But if any of the players involved took it any other way, then  he should have a word with them. I would expect a manager as experienced as ours to know how his players would react to any remarks he made about them.

The players involved have taken the piss out of themselves   on Twitter …. Off to watch the Dave Chappelle show on Netflix to keep my offended ratio up 

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

The players involved have taken the piss out of themselves   on Twitter …. Off to watch the Dave Chappelle show on Netflix to keep my offended ratio up 

Thanks, don't do Twitter or Netflix. But from what you say the players players took it as it was intended a humorous remark.

3 hours ago, jaggy said:

Does anyone know if we can see highlights from the BBC broadcast? I can't find on YouTube or iPlayer. I've seen the jagzone highlights but would be good to see the goals from the other side.

If you go on to iPlayer, Channels, Scotland, Schedule, Friday 15th you can watch the whole game there. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

All the goals were well constructed. 

Although Accies’ defence could probably have done better on occasion, there wasn’t one blatant error which led to any of our goals. So we had to create 6 (and more) opportunities for goals and some missed chances. Well done the team!

It’s about time we benefited from an opposition howler. We’ve coughed up a few ourselves.

7 hours ago, SteppsJag said:

If you go on to iPlayer, Channels, Scotland, Schedule, Friday 15th you can watch the whole game there. Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip, I wasn't aware you could do that. I saw the first half live on Friday then had a flight home so missed the second. Thoroughly enjoyed watching it tonight :fan:

• Like 1

It has been very difficult to form any impression of Jake Hastie as unfortunately he was cup-tied and could not play in any of our Challenge Cup fixtures. In every League game he has come on, it seems to me that we have either been so far ahead or so far behind that it has been virtually impossible for him to influence the result.

Would I be correct in saying that Jake has never been on the pitch when the margin between the two sides is less than two goals?

13 hours ago, McCall Out said:

Hilarious !

Even after a 6-1 win, Golden Bollocks can still **** up the post match interview. (No harm to anyone with abnormally coloured genitalia intended)

I don't think many thistle fans care about the interview. The result a tad more important. May even have impressed you....? 

6 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Brian Graham not only in the SPFL team of the week, but also named as Star Man.

David Bowie eat your heart out !!

Screenshot_20211020-143211_Chrome.jpg

When we signed Graham i wasn't sure what to expect. Another journey pro looking to get his last couple of years as a full time player. Instead we have possibly one of McCall's best signings. Apart from the work he does up front he doesn't mind doing the defencive stuff when required. Keep it going Brian.:happy2: :fan:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

When we signed Graham i wasn't sure what to expect. Another journey pro looking to get his last couple of years as a full time player. Instead we have possibly one of McCall's best signings. Apart from the work he does up front he doesn't mind doing the defencive stuff when required. Keep it going Brian.:happy2: :fan:

The one thing I wasn't expecting was a prolific, better than 1 goal every two games striker. Other than a couple of seasons 10 years ago at Raith, he had never been that before, and looked more like the non-scoring striker Thistle so often sign.

7 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

The one thing I wasn't expecting was a prolific, better than 1 goal every two games striker. Other than a couple of seasons 10 years ago at Raith, he had never been that before, and looked more like the non-scoring striker Thistle so often sign.

Perhaps the fact that he has other responsibilities (managing the women's team) provides enough of a distraction for him to relax more (or at least be less obsessed with where the next goal is coming from) when on the field. He's also looking prolific in assists.