BBC: complaint lodged

Jaggernaut

I was on the BBC football scores and fixtures page, and thought I'd look at when the next Jags women's match would be played.

I wasn't prepared for the bombshell. 

To my astonishment and horror, "Partick Thistle Women" was not recognized by the search facility for finding a team. "Ladies"? Nope. "Jagettes"? Nope.

Every other team in the league is recognized by the BBC, but our women are snubbed.

Furious complaint duly sent in.

Outraged of Kyoto.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Can't say that I am in the slightest bit fussed by womens football (sorry if that is not PC, but it does nothing for me) I was prepared to be outraged. However, when I tried, I couldn't find any of the Scottish Womens teams listed specifically, only the "Scottish Women's Premier League".

But look at Hibernian, for example, and on the drop down menu "Scottish Women's Premier League" appears. But not for us. "Hibernian Women" also leads you to the SWPL.  We gubbed them last week (well, 3-2), but the BBC "couldn't find" any results for "Partick Thistle Women".

It's an outrage, I tell ya.

18 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

But look at Hibernian, for example, and on the drop down menu "Scottish Women's Premier League" appears. But not for us. "Hibernian Women" also leads you to the SWPL.  We gubbed them last week (well, 3-2), but the BBC "couldn't find" any results for "Partick Thistle Women".

It's an outrage, I tell ya.

I'll get over it .... actually, I already am.