Jags v Pars

Garscube Road End 2

I hope the 71 team enjoyed the free bar as there was nothing pleasing about that performance. 
aside from the first 10mins of the second half we were woeful and over the last few weeks we’re blowing hot and cold.

Two points thrown away to the team who demonstrated why they are bottom. And blew a chance to gain ground given other results. Thought our subs actually contributed to a lack of width? 

Edited by JAG1970

Just now, Jimmy McD said:

Anyone who thought that we we going to win convincing today has not followed Thistle for very long..Big anniversary today ,all the build up,10 goals in the last 2 games all goes out the window..Been there two many times over the years to expect a win today.... Still on to Tuesday night..

Tuesday down at Morton? Oh Gawd!

Could easily have lost that. Fortunately we've now got two mobile centrebacks, otherwise we could've been caught out down the middle in numerous occasions. A few good individual performances but didn't feel we played that well as a team. Looked to me Dunfermline started out playing for a draw but finished the game looking for all 3 points.

• Like 2

There was a strong gusty wind...but that was a poor quality game with the ball in the air most of the time. Dunfermline were dreadful and clearly lacking confidence...they must have sclaffed or hoofed about 30 aimless passes straight out of play....they were well worth their point.

Tiffoney is by a distance our main attacking threat...Smith and Hastie have shown very little and Murray is not that influential either...I think Turner is a better player than all three of them. I have been critical of Docherty but he had a decent game though Bannigan was not at his best.

I had hoped that all of the 1971 Legends would have been introduced individually to the fans at half-time to receive well-deserved acclaim...instead there were a lot of photos taken of them with their backs to the Stand

A disappointing day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Met these guys on the way into the ground.  4 legends and almost standing in the right order. Auld Jag produced his real camera. No slumming it with a smartphone for him!

223986EE-4EE3-4666-8418-86F487AB1C58.jpeg

Never used a smartphone, wouldn't have a clue how to use one. I hardly ever use a mobile.

It was a bit of a similar game to the QOTS cup game, first half we played well and looked good going forward, second half they came more into it, but Queens scored a wonder strike out of nowhere, whereas Dunfermline had one main chance which Sneddon did well to save. Had that Docherty strike gone in it would have been a great goal but a cracking save from the keeper kept it at 0-0.  The longer the game was going on I was half expecting the sucker punch to give them their first win but I'll take the point and move on. I would have taken 7 points from 9 vs Ayr, Accies and Pars if it was offered so can't be too unhappy. Docherty MoTM for me. We could be doing with another centre forward to change things up a bit, I don't think MacIver is up to the job and doesn't ever look like scoring, Murray isn't a centre forward either, when we start taking Rudden then Graham off I basically give up on winning or drawing the game. Good thing is we don't have long to wait for the next game.

Had a week look online for different game reports from 1971 and found this quote:

Despite the incredible 4-0 deficit at half time, Celtic were urged on by captain Bobby Murdoch and only Rough’s fine goalkeeping and bad luck prevented them levelling the tie.

It might not surprise anyone to know it came from the Celtic "wiki" page. :fan:

Edited by Aliballibee

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

None so far at all this season.  With a degree of normality returning would be nice to have them back especially as we did produce them during lockdowns.

thanks for that info        thought at yesterdays 50 years special event match a programme would have been produced 

£5 a prog nice little earner 

• Like 1