Jags v Pars

Garscube Road End 2

I thought that Hastie was disappointing yesterday. My understanding was that he was hungry to play football and get his career back on track, but there was  little evidence of that, even though, perhaps for the first time, he was given the chance to influence a game that was still in the balance. For the one opportunity that was presented to him, he seemed to be very easily brushed off the ball. Is he trying to avoid injury?

Murray and McIver are clearly short of a little confidence, but at least they appear to put in the effort.

Defensively we seem better ogranised now we have a settled back 4. Thought Sneddon looked good, seemed confident on crosses and made his save when he had to.

Smith does seem to provide balance in midfield but we are still fairly lop sided in attack.

I thought Dunfermline came with a game plan just to shut up shop and lump it forward in the hope that we would make a mistake. We did ok but just weren'r as sharp or as quick playing the final pass or taking the shot

Agree with @partickthedog that Hastie never looked like he would sieze the opportunity. I hope both McCall and Sevco are impresing upon him that je needs to show something in this 3 month spell otherwise he could well be looking at a future outside professional football. He cleary has pace and is a decent height but just doesn't appear to have a firm idea on what he should do when he gets the ball. Not sure if he's rusty and lacking in confidence or he's a player that thinks he's too good to be playing for us?

Didn't really understand the subs yesterday. By the end of the game we had 3 wide players with Tiffoney, Murray and Hastie on which meant some of them getting in each others way.

4 hours ago, partickthedog said:

I thought that Hastie was disappointing yesterday. My understanding was that he was hungry to play football and get his career back on track, but there was  little evidence of that, even though, perhaps for the first time, he was given the chance to influence a game that was still in the balance. For the one opportunity that was presented to him, he seemed to be very easily brushed off the ball. Is he trying to avoid injury?

Murray and McIver are clearly short of a little confidence, but at least they appear to put in the effort.

Tend to agree but it's perhaps fortunate for them we've got Hastie, if only for comparative purpose. Without him I'm sure M & McI would be getting falsely tagged as non triers. 

23 minutes ago, laukat said:

Agree with @partickthedog that Hastie never looked like he would sieze the opportunity. I hope both McCall and Sevco are impresing upon him that je needs to show something in this 3 month spell otherwise he could well be looking at a future outside professional football. He cleary has pace and is a decent height but just doesn't appear to have a firm idea on what he should do when he gets the ball. Not sure if he's rusty and lacking in confidence or he's a player that thinks he's too good to be playing for us?

Didn't really understand the subs yesterday. By the end of the game we had 3 wide players with Tiffoney, Murray and Hastie on which meant some of them getting in each others way.

Significantly in the last two games Murray has been preferred ahead of Hastie with regards to who comes off the bench first. At worse I thought when we signed him Hastie would be a useful impact sub. Clearly not so. Think it was also quite noticeable yesterday that Dunfermline graduated from a team happily playing for a draw, to latterly a side going for all three points. The fact that Rudden & then Graham had been replaced wasn't imo coincidental. We no longer had the same goal scoring potential and just as pertinently couldn't retain the ball in their half.

I thought that Dunfermline had done their homework and came with the perfect game plan for how not to lose to us. Admittedly they were helped by some of our side being off form, but they quite effectively cut out the supply to Tiffoney. If we can't make that route work, we find it hard to look at other routes on goal. That remains our Achilles heal. 

A point from Morton is the minimum requirement.

• Like 2

First live game for me last week and although the play wasn't great, it was a good day.

Started with a short Subway trip to St. Georges Cross from Buchanan Street. I'm originally from the area on Garscube Road near to Ceder Court (the high flats), and love walking up the stairs to street level from the Subway.

Had two pals with me. One a Rangers fan (never mind) and the other a non football fan, who's only other live game was Barca v Ajax in the Champions League. Messi scored a hat-rick that night, so not much to live up to then - I was at that game too and had convinced him Thistle were the best team he'd ever see in Red and Yellow....

In to the Woodside to meet my Uncle and in true Woodside Inn fashion, we were served and drinking our first pint within 1 minute of entering the premises. It's a fantastic pub and the bar staff are exceptional there. Watched a bit of the Man City v Norwich game but all thoughts and talk are about Thistle and the hammering of Hamilton the previous week. Great also to catch up with a couple of old Thistle pals who drink there on match days.

Then the walk to the game. My favourite bit, as we weave through the back courts and onto Firhill Road where we catch a first glimpse of the best stadium anywhere.

A walk up the hill past the brilliantly presented murals, an obligatory purchase of 50/50 tickets and off to my seat.

Great to see the 71 Cup Final Team and the respect from the fans towards them.

Not too much to say about the game itself although 0-0 was about right in the end. Some good performances and potential with Akinola looking like he'll be a player.

A walk back down the road and a few beers in Glasgow to follow.

What could be better.

P.S. The pies at Firhill are top notch also. If only Thistle had got the goal.

• Like 3