Doon the watter at Greenock.

Garscube Road End 2

3 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Tuesday night. A great chance to get back to winning ways. A defeat here would be a bad one. Maybe a wee Chang in the line up? Turner for Smith perhaps?

I agree that it would be good to get Turner back on the pitch, which would also improve our prospects of scoring from corners ( I can remember some great set piece headers at Cappielow, including one from Brice Ntambwe!). However, as Turner is better central than wide, it means some re-organisation, possibly 4-2-3-1  with the 3 being Tiffoney, Turner and Rudden. Yet that still seems lop-sided. I realise that I arguing myself into a corner. Can anybody else help?

Cappielow being a narrow pitch may well necessitate a change in formation regardless of form. If you thought ending up having Murray, Tiffoney & Hastie on the pitch at the same time was confusing play, it would be even crazier going down that road on Tuesday night. 

Re partickthedog's query, I think we could go 4-3-3. Same back 4, a midfield of Turner, Docherty & Bannigan, with Rudden & Tiffoney playing just off Graham.  No system will hide the fact we're lightweight in midfield but at the same time Cappielow's not the place to compensate with width.

I think Turner is a wee bit unfortunate to be sacrificed as he's never been tried with a proper right back behind him. He's had to play with either McKenna, Akinola or Gordon behind him. Might be a bit more assistance for him now Foster is playing there?

I think we need to start with the same 11 that started against Hamilton and Dunfermline unless we have injuries but if we are struggling or hopefully a couple ahead I would like to see Turner for Smith.

One a seperate note whats this about -

4 hours ago, laukat said:

I think Turner is a wee bit unfortunate to be sacrificed as he's never been tried with a proper right back behind him. He's had to play with either McKenna, Akinola or Gordon behind him. Might be a bit more assistance for him now Foster is playing there?

I think we need to start with the same 11 that started against Hamilton and Dunfermline unless we have injuries but if we are struggling or hopefully a couple ahead I would like to see Turner for Smith.

One a seperate note whats this about -

I have to agree re Turner. I really like Smith and I really like the solidity he brings but Turner brings a lot of creativity.