Doon the watter at Greenock.

Garscube Road End 2

I think Kilmarnock will win the league. Most of the other teams are very similar. I think that is why the results on Saturday and tonight were so close. Very important to score the first goal as this will force the opposition to come out more. Special mention for Arbroath and our old manager, they are doing brilliant.

4 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I think Kilmarnock will win the league. Most of the other teams are very similar. I think that is why the results on Saturday and tonight were so close. Very important to score the first goal as this will force the opposition to come out more. Special mention for Arbroath and our old manager, they are doing brilliant.

Bring back The Bunnet. 

It's going to be a dog eat dog league. Positives are we are 6 points from top and ICT flagging. Two clean sheets not to be sniffed at. Negatives are Killie look like they are improving and raith and arbroath looking decent. Play offs still very much achievable. Still need that really creative scoring midfielder. 

Tiffoney and Sneddon were excellent tonight. Tiffoney kept trying things and beating players, but none of the other forward players was up to his standard. Jamie stood up really well under aerial bombardment. The wind was moving the ball all over the place, but he made some great catches, and if that was not possible, he generally made a good connection with the ball. There was just one punch he missed, but that was a horrible swirling steepler, so I think we will forgive him for that.

To be fair on both teams, to say that the weather made playing football difficult would be an understatement.

That's the second game on the trot for which I won't bother watching the "highlights." 

From the commentary it sounded like we were pretty much back to the tactic of floaty crosses in the vain hope that Graham would get on the end of them and hopefully one would somehow find the net. Seems pretty stupid in a howling wind.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Us first, of course, but I would love to see Arbroath winning promotion to the top league. It would be a truly amazing achievement.

On the plus side we seem to have got on top of our defensive issues with only 1 goal conced in the last 4 league games and the same back 4 playing in all those games. Sneddon also appears to have settled in and is starting to prove doubters like myself wrong.

On the downside the opposition appear to have figured out our method of attack by putting two players on Tiffoney and not playing a high line. I think Hastie was essential to providing variation in attack but so far he's not shown much and whilst I hope I'm wrong I thought it was telling that when we needed a goal last night he was left on the bench.

We have ICT and Kilmarnock next and they will go a long way to determining if we have an outside shot at automatic promotion or are only concerned with the playoffs. If we are still in contention for automatic promotion in January we will need to find upgrades for Hastie, MacIver, Murray and Gordon as well as cover for Docherty. To have a chance in the playoffs will probably mean trying to find someone better than Hastie and MacIver.

• Like 1