Scottish Cup

Auld Jag

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Friday night now for our Dunfermline cup game due to Queens Park being at home on the Sat.  Seems a strange logic in the explanation and would imagine this will cut the 3pm Sat expected attendance.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/scottish-cup-tie-moved-to-friday-night/

Was going to make the point some while back that criticism of our ground-sharing rental may be OTT. The revenue for all we know could finance a couple of additional signings. The deal tho' is far from all on the credit side. Some fans may stay away if they think the pitch is affecting their entertainment.

But this goes move straight to the debit side  Worse for us as the cost of stewarding etc will be constant even tho' the crowd will be much reduced. Increased use of floodlights, lower turnover in hospitality etc. I don't suppose Dunfermline will be too chuffed either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, elevenone said:

Friday night now for our Dunfermline cup game due to Queens Park being at home on the Sat.  Seems a strange logic in the explanation and would imagine this will cut the 3pm Sat expected attendance.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/scottish-cup-tie-moved-to-friday-night/

The explanation seems ok to me. However, it seems that SPFL business trumps the overall governing body.  In recent seasons when we have had a Friday night game at Firhill, the attendance has been comparable with a Saturday game. At least that’s how it has seemed to me.

9 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

The explanation seems ok to me. However, it seems that SPFL business trumps the overall governing body.  In recent seasons when we have had a Friday night game at Firhill, the attendance has been comparable with a Saturday game. At least that’s how it has seemed to me.

Not sure how you can point at SPFL. Killie have an existing fixture so they cannot play QP on Sunday, we decided not to play Saturday and gave that to QP. 

9 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Not sure how you can point at SPFL. Killie have an existing fixture so they cannot play QP on Sunday, we decided not to play Saturday and gave that to QP. 

Which one - the Tuesday SPFL Trust match or the Friday SPFL Championship match. It’s the planning that is at fault. In my view the SPFL Trust matches shouldn’t have been scheduled that week to allow for this kind of scenario.