Big Announcement

javeajag

3 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

A fans run club? Certainly doesn't look like it with the statement being issued. Invites to TJT to join the board? As someone who is against fan ownership, I won't be signing up and wasting my money on this.

I think this would have been a more accurate post 

‘As someone who is against ( please insert something to do with ptfc)’

10 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Actually I am broadly in favour of fan ownership. It should preserve the long term future of the club, but probably puts a ceiling on what we can achieve. I’d much rather this than a rich sugar daddy buying success.

If what happened to Newcastle happened to us, I’d walk.

I couldn't agree more.

This does not seem to me to be a healthy arrangement for a fan run club.  If the fans have a majority shareholding, they should decide  who sits on the Board, and certainly not be conditional on an invitation and vetting by the TBC dominated Board.  This is window dressing plain and simple, and the Club will still be run by Jacqui Low and her appointees.

21 hours ago, javeajag said:

I think re reading the statement might be helpful to distinguish the period between now and June 2022 ( club owned by 3BC) and after June 2022 ( club owned by TJF) ….

I think people have done that - and come to there own conclusions ........

In any Company the Majority Shareholders decide who and how the Company is run - I struggle to see how PTFC should be any different - otherwise what is the point of Fan Ownership 

Colin Weir wanted Fan Ownership that means the Fans decide on the Who & the How 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I think people have done that - and come to there own conclusions ........

In any Company the Majority Shareholders decide who and how the Company is run - I struggle to see how PTFC should be any different - otherwise what is the point of Fan Ownership 

Colin Weir wanted Fan Ownership that means the Fans decide on the Who & the How 

Hi Jim, long time no see - hope you are keeping okay.

I was on a zoom meeting a while ago and how it was explained to me was this. Once the shares are transferred there would be a director from the existing board stepping down each year to be replaced by someone elected from TJF. I don't know if that has changed or not but these things I am sure will be explained in more detail as we move towards June.

5 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I was on a zoom meeting a while ago and how it was explained to me was this. Once the shares are transferred there would be a director from the existing board stepping down each year to be replaced by someone elected from TJF. I don't know if that has changed or not but these things I am sure will be explained in more detail as we move towards June.

So are they saying that the Majority Shareholders cannot get five competent people from our Fanbase to run a £2MN Turnover Company and that it needs a five year handover period ? 

and the current board will Vet future Directors - how is this Fan Ownership on any level ? 

6 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So are they saying that the Majority Shareholders cannot get five competent people from our Fanbase to run a £2MN Turnover Company and that it needs a five year handover period ? 

and the current board will Vet future Directors - how is this Fan Ownership on any level ? 

I am not an expert but I would imagine before anyone becomes a director they must go through some process.

Again, from memory, new directors would be coming from TJF so they would be responsible for ensuring they were competent.

I believe TJF are going to holding a meeting soon so hopefully these issues will be clarified by those who know the detail better than I.

21 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

This should be up to the shareholders (The Jags Foundation or basically us) to decide how quickly we want to transition from a token member to our board, and whether it’s a 3 person board or a 300 person board. Getting involved allows our voice to be stronger and louder so we get the club and board we want.

If though we all get involved and it’s not our board and is still controlled from a 3rd party then the club is dead. 

Interesting to read that it is possible to sell the majority shareholding. If that was done, who would get the proceeds of the sale. I would assume distributed evenly between the members. If the proceeds were to go to the club, effectively someone could buy and immediately get their money back as they would now own the club.

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Interesting to read that it is possible to sell the majority shareholding. If that was done, who would get the proceeds of the sale. I would assume distributed evenly between the members. If the proceeds were to go to the club, effectively someone could buy and immediately get their money back as they would now own the club.

So if the shareholders got the cash split, then say we had 500 members all a takeover company would need to do is buy 501 individual memberships, carry the vote and recoup half their cost of buying it. Surely it wouldn’t be that easy for £5000 a month (plus a payment to create an account and be a proxy vote).?