Big Announcement

javeajag

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

It depends on the Type of Shares & the associated Voting Rights - you can own the Majority of Shares but have limited Voting Rights ?    

Jim, the class of shares is already known as the shares are already in existence.

There is no proposition for new shares (and share classes) to be set up; it is a transfer of pre existing shares with known rights.

15 minutes ago, jaf said:

Hi Jim (and Stuart), and others

There is quite a lot of speculation on this thread which is well wide of the mark. You both know me personally,  and can contact me direct if you wish to know more.

In addition, there will shortly be a public meeting which will take the form of a Q and A to cover off what YOU want to hear more about.

A couple of factual points though -

It is commonplace for directors to have to approve share transfers in many, perhaps even most companies up and down the country. Partick Thistle is no different. It is inconceivable that the directors would not effect a transfer that their majority shareholder wished to happen, especially when it had been publicly announced.

Secondly, it is equally common, in fact perhaps moreso, for Boards of directors to approve the appointment of any new Board member to any Board. Once TJF are the majority shareholder, however, it will be for TJF board at that time to consider what to do in the frankly highly unlikely event this would happen. The TJF Board will be considering that position from the situation of being majority shareholder of the football club after this transitionary period.

Finally, the transfer of shares will be the entire shareholding held by 3BC. I believe everyone has understood that to be the case,  but as there is contrary speculation above, felt it was important to reiterate that.

Hope this helps and if not, my offer above is genuine, please feel free to contact me.

Hi Sandy, cheers for getting back. As I’ve been stating on here and elsewhere come June it’s our ball, our club, our rules (to an extent), the membership decides what way the club should be going forward. The more that get signed up, the stronger that voice is, and the collective should have more diverse ideas (good and bad). Of course there will be restraints in place till share and club handover (This also protects current board), the fear (which you’ve cleared up) is would there be hidden restrictions after handover.

This wasn’t my ideal scenario a year ago, but it’s the cards we are dealt and I’m sure if a majority can get involved to help shape it either directly or just with a vote, then it can be a success. If only a small percentage get involved then we have the Jags Trust on steroids (or sleeping pills), and that’s not the way we wish the club to go. Was nice to have a wee chat with Caroline before game too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jaf said:

Hi Jim (and Stuart), and others

There is quite a lot of speculation on this thread which is well wide of the mark. You both know me personally,  and can contact me direct if you wish to know more.

In addition, there will shortly be a public meeting which will take the form of a Q and A to cover off what YOU want to hear more about.

A couple of factual points though -

It is commonplace for directors to have to approve share transfers in many, perhaps even most companies up and down the country. Partick Thistle is no different. It is inconceivable that the directors would not effect a transfer that their majority shareholder wished to happen, especially when it had been publicly announced.

Secondly, it is equally common, in fact perhaps moreso, for Boards of directors to approve the appointment of any new Board member to any Board. Once TJF are the majority shareholder, however, it will be for TJF board at that time to consider what to do in the frankly highly unlikely event this would happen. The TJF Board will be considering that position from the situation of being majority shareholder of the football club after this transitionary period.

Finally, the transfer of shares will be the entire shareholding held by 3BC. I believe everyone has understood that to be the case,  but as there is contrary speculation above, felt it was important to reiterate that.

Hope this helps and if not, my offer above is genuine, please feel free to contact me.

Sandy 

The statement clearly states that there will be One Director from TJF after this Years AGM and one Director at the Share Transfer 

No other commitment beyond that ?

There is very heavy emphasise on the Knowledge required to run the Club - Im struggling to come up with anything at the Club thats complicated- that requires any delay of the Control of the Club and the Majority Directors elected by TJF

The CEO and staff remain - Thistle in Company Turnover terms are tiny 

So what are the special skills that our Current Board have that delays the Club being handed over to the Fans ? 

From the AGM there should be a Shadow Board from TJF - they run for 6 Months - at the point of Handover the Shadow Board become the Club Board 

Prior to this details from TJF should be published on the Election of Directors to replace the Shadow Board 

There is no reason whatsover for the Current Board to have anything to do with the Club after the Handover ( they are of course free to stand for Election ) 

Looking from the outside there seems to be an unneccesary delay in handing over the Running of the Club to TJF  ? 

I honestly hope that this time next Year the Fans have full Control of the Club in all aspects  - but at the moment thats not whats being stated   

Also there seems to be some confusion between the "Club Board " and TJF Board 

Im assuming that the Club Board is directly elected from the Fan Base - the Current Board or the TJF Board are not the Club Board - these are direct elections - no caveats - no "Vetting" - No pre conditions beyond meeting the requirements of a Director under the Companies Act 

Fan Ownership means the Fans elect a Board to run the Club - anything else is just Window Dressing   

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Sandy 

The statement clearly states that there will be One Director from TJF after this Years AGM and one Director at the Share Transfer 

No other commitment beyond that?

Hi Jim - long time no speak.

If what Sandy says is true (that there are no proposals being tabled to create new voting categories for shares), then normal rules apply.  Once the shares are transferred, as majority shareholder, TJF will be in the box seat to appoint a board in the future.

I see no issues with a structured and managed process for handover. It doesn't immediately seem to be suspicious to me.

On 10/31/2021 at 3:49 PM, stolenscone said:

Hi Jim - long time no speak.

If what Sandy says is true (that there are no proposals being tabled to create new voting categories for shares), then normal rules apply.  Once the shares are transferred, as majority shareholder, TJF will be in the box seat to appoint a board in the future.

I see no issues with a structured and managed process for handover. It doesn't immediately seem to be suspicious to me.

Hi David 

thanks for confirming - Club statement was vague and left open ends 

Sandy confirmed Shares have full voting rights and when shares are transferred its up to TJF to get a Board elected from the fans 

15 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Nice that we made a small profit although turnover fell from 2.66m to 1.48m.

Seems Colin Weirs legacy (Through input from 3BC) helped balance the books. One other thank you to him.

We just need to ensure going forward we have enough spare for these unplanned incidents 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, erty13 said:

I joined the jags foundation.

Did I miss a vote to nominate who joined from the foundation to the PTFC board.

Erty13

Firstly I am not on the Board of TJF but like you have joined up.

As membership just started at the end of October it was the existing Board of TJF who nominated Gavin. The TJF will have its AGM in April and that point the membership will then be able to vote on issues.

Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Firstly I am not on the Board of TJF but like you have joined up.

As membership just started at the end of October it was the existing Board of TJF who nominated Gavin. The TJF will have its AGM in April and that point the membership will then be able to vote on issues.

Hope that helps.

Who is all on the board of TJF