Big Announcement

javeajag

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

Ok FT. I'm not getting at Andrew. They need to be slicker in their presentation. Somebody needs to Stage Manage these events to give fans confidence in the product. Perhaps there's a PR guru they could use... :)

I’ll tell you what why don’t you do it ? Sounds like your pretty slick at least in criticising other people 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Tell you what instead of sniping and moaning from the sidelines why don’t you do something as it sounds as though your pretty perfect 

I was actually backing Andrew if you cared to read further up and have also communicated directly to him at least he had the balls to not only stand up on the night and talk, but also to engage on social media tonight over the video of the presentation.

I (like others) offered our support, but heard nothing back. 

Raising valid concerns (both here and directly to TJF) regarding due diligence and conflict of interest is not moaning or sniping it’s risk avoidance, and is standard at the discovery phase for a project like this. It protects both parties. One of which is us the fans. 

I do though have a 1-1 call tomorrow with one of the team to talk through a few things. 

• Like 1

I think on reflection that 3BC should announce that at the end of the season PTFC will cease trading as Colin Weir is no longer with us and other ownership options have not been acceptable to the fan base . Therefore, there is no one to take the business forward. However , indicative offers of £5m to purchase the assets of the club will be considered.

5 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Yes plus a company called MBM BOARD NOMINEES LIMITED

if you go to companies house MBM BOARD NOMINEES LIMITED takes you to bearcroft farms ltd centered on dumfries with the name atkin prominent on directors this compant is registerd at same address as TRB cats in edinburg glenfinlass street edinburgh

I'm old school guys done my share of volunteering at firhill   they are discussing how to get more members signed up now

im nearly 70 and I've tried 3 times on laptop and phone and still haven't a clue if I'm a member or not 

How about giving out applications forms at the games and see if that works .

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

I think on reflection that 3BC should announce that at the end of the season PTFC will cease trading as Colin Weir is no longer with us and other ownership options have not been acceptable to the fan base . Therefore, there is no one to take the business forward. However , indicative offers of £5m to purchase the assets of the club will be considered.

You have lost it mate!

6 hours ago, javeajag said:

I’m not sure if you were at the same meeting as was put on line.

The issue is not the fans saying the group is not acceptable it’s currently 3BC that have yet to say the organization is fit and proper. Until they do there will be no share transfer. 

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I’m not sure if you were at the same meeting as was put on line.

The issue is not the fans saying the group is not acceptable it’s currently 3BC that have yet to say the organization is fit and proper. Until they do there will be no share transfer. 

The point was that the more members we have the more credible we are …..if you have any information the 3BC don’t want to transfer the shares please share 

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

I will take the hope of fans ownership failing and someone taking us over.

And if that was going to happen don’t you think it would have happened by now……who is going to spend £5m on buying us ? To make no money and get an earful of abuse ? Literally nobody …..delusional

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That's no doubt a common feeling shared with a significant amount of other Jags fans. What do you suggest, Sandy?

And there  lies the problem…..no one wants to buy the club and fans don’t like fan ownership but can’t provide any alternative except a fairy turns up with a load of cash 

43 minutes ago, javeajag said:

And there  lies the problem…..no one wants to buy the club and fans don’t like fan ownership but can’t provide any alternative except a fairy turns up with a load of cash 

Maybe if the fan ownership committee went out and sold it better, then we would be enthused to buy in to it. So far it has been extremely amateurish and absolutely nothing new is being said. Doesn't really inspire confidence in a future fan ownership. 

28 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Maybe if the fan ownership committee went out and sold it better, then we would be enthused to buy in to it. So far it has been extremely amateurish and absolutely nothing new is being said. Doesn't really inspire confidence in a future fan ownership. 

Maybe you go do that then ?

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

The point was that the more members we have the more credible we are …..if you have any information the 3BC don’t want to transfer the shares please share 

The meeting clearly states for the foundation to be classified as “Fit and Proper” it needs a bigger slice of the support to sign up, as 430 members (whether full or associate) is not enough for 3BC to class it as “Fit and Proper” and transfer shares and assets over. That is from TJF board and in the video around 25 minutes in.

To get more members clearer communication is needed to show what’s achieved, what’s needed, what helps required, and what the end game is. Merely “Fan Ownership” is not an end game.

This needs to become engaging and attractive again or that number will drop rather than fall, and whilst “Articles of Association” are important (and seem to have taken up bulk of time) they don’t matter a jot if there are no members of that association 

• Like 1