javeajag

46 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Well an alternative view could be….

1. lots of deals get done without formal due diligence

2. deals can get done if your flexible and imaginative

3. you can get the information you need without calling it due diligence 

just a hint

Except that deal isn’t done is it ? 

Regarding point 3 - you are right, it doesn’t need to be called due diligence, but that is what it is. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Well an alternative view could be….

1. lots of deals get done without formal due diligence

2. deals can get done if your flexible and imaginative

3. you can get the information you need without calling it due diligence 

just a hint

TJF tried to get the information it needs “without calling it due diligence”. That’s why Gavin Taylor was on the Club Board for several months.

The information didn’t get through, as Tom Hosie has testified.

5 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

TJF tried to get the information it needs “without calling it due diligence”. That’s why Gavin Taylor was on the Club Board for several months.

That was then , this is now …..I suspect going heavy on formal due diligence will be counter productive 

maybe send Gerry a few more emails the last one worked 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

That was then , this is now …..I suspect going heavy on formal due diligence will be counter productive 

maybe send Gerry a few more emails the last one worked 

It worked in as much as it elicited a response. We've still to see if that response is accurate.

6 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

And just to reiterate I indicated that I didn't know where the 'blockage' in terms of knowledge sharing was. 

To the best of my knowledge there was no issue in terms of Gavin playing a full Directors role with access to all relevant information. 

Yet that information didn't filter down to TJF Board. 

The knowledge sharing approach didn't work. Is that an argument for a more formal Due Diligence approach or an arguement that greater effort should have been made to make it work? 

Thankfully that debate no longer needs to occupy my thinking, and I have a more chilled time of things as a result. Good luck to those that will be tasked with trying to inch us closer to a fan owned Club. I don't envy you. 

Great News!

The Registers of Scotland website finally discloses today that there is a pending application being processed in respect of a Disposition transferring title to the whole of Title Number GLA205256 (Firhill Main Stand & Bing etc) for "certain good and onerous causes" by Three Black Cats Limited in favour of The Partick Thistle Football Club Ltd.

The application was only submitted on 18th May 2022, so no question of a delay by the Registers as some have suggested. What the Disposition has been doing for the past few weeks since the Club announcement I do not know, but that does not matter now.

Accordingly the whole of Firhill does indeed belong to the Club and it is official.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Great News!

The Registers of Scotland website finally discloses today that there is a pending application being processed in respect of a Disposition transferring title to the whole of Title Number GLA205256 (Firhill Main Stand & Bing etc) for "certain good and onerous causes" by Three Black Cats Limited in favour of The Partick Thistle Football Club Ltd.

The application was only submitted on 18th May 2022, so no question of a delay by the Registers as some have suggested. What the Disposition has been doing for the past few weeks since the Club announcement I do not know, but that does not matter now.

Accordingly the whole of Firhill does indeed belong to the Club and it is official.

So when I asked Gerry on 11 May:

“Could you please confirm for me whether the title has been registered by PTFC Ltd (and if so, on what date this happened)?”

And he answered on 12 May:

“Yes, 29 April 2023”

It had not in fact, at that point, been registered?

Edited by Woodstock Jag

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Which as it happens it is 

No it isn’t!

I asked Gerry on 11 May whether the title had been registered by PTFC and if so on what date.

He replied on 12 May “Yes” (that it had been registered) and “29 April”.

We now know that the documents were only furnished to the Registers of Scotland on 18 May.

Therefore the correct answer on 12 May should have been “No not yet.”

54 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

So when I asked Gerry on 11 May:

“Could you please confirm for me whether the title has been registered by PTFC Ltd (and if so, on what date this happened)?”

And he answered on 12 May:

“Yes, 29 April 2023”

It had not in fact, at that point, been registered?

I do not want to become "a football of contending factions", an expression with which you as a constitutional lawyer will be well familiar! However I would just confirm that the date of the application for registration was 18th May 2022.

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2022 at 12:04 PM, javeajag said:

Jesus……reading this I’m convinced it’s bad news 

But in fact it was news of a transaction that actually hadn’t been completed. Good to see it is on its way through the process now. 

5 minutes ago, sandy said:

But in fact it was news of a transaction that actually hadn’t been completed. Good to see it is on its way through the process now. 

Yep exactly this Sandy. When this statement was made by the Club it was not true.

23E84D15-DC89-4441-8FEE-7937611932B4.thumb.jpeg.b0f3c95f486eed5339cb1b588fde0fa9.jpeg

I am pleased that, if they were to make it today, it would now be true.

I am at a loss to understand why they said this when it wasn’t true, when they could have just waited 3 weeks.

The statement went out of its way to say that the land had been “formally transferred”. It didn’t have to say that.

I’m glad this has now been dealt with, but I’m concerned that fans are so routinely being given a picture that isn’t accurate about easily checkable things about the company that runs our football club. It is not conducive to an environment of mutual trust.

40 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

No it isn’t!

I asked Gerry on 11 May whether the title had been registered by PTFC and if so on what date.

He replied on 12 May “Yes” (that it had been registered) and “29 April”.

We now know that the documents were only furnished to the Registers of Scotland on 18 May.

Therefore the correct answer on 12 May should have been “No not yet.”

I get that your detail focused, dot the it’s and cross the t’s focus is ideal for your job but it’s not a strength in every occasion …..details don’t always matter and can stop you seeing the bigger picture …..who cares if the transfer is dated the 29 April, 12 May or next June …..it’s done without any of your doom and gloom….so be happy 

11 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I get that your detail focused, dot the it’s and cross the t’s focus is ideal for your job but it’s not a strength in every occasion …..details don’t always matter and can stop you seeing the bigger picture …..who cares if the transfer is dated the 29 April, 12 May or next June …..it’s done without any of your doom and gloom….so be happy 

I don’t care about whether it’s done on 29 April or 12 May.

I care that the Club is honest with the fans and the press about the fundamentals of its business.

For two reasons:

(a) fostering mutual trust

(b) basic professional competence

Without both of these any route either to:

(a) fan ownership

or

(b) a successful alternative ownership model

Is going to face a lot of obstacles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I don’t care about whether it’s done on 29 April or 12 May.

I care that the Club is honest with the fans and the press about the fundamentals of its business.

For two reasons:

(a) fostering mutual trust

(b) basic professional competence

Without both of these any route either to:

(a) fan ownership

or

(b) a successful alternative ownership model

Is going to face a lot of obstacles.

There is no evidence of anything problematic here, there could have been lots of boring reasons why the date was now rather than a few weeks earlier. 

7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

There is no evidence of anything problematic here, there could have been lots of boring reasons why the date was now rather than a few weeks earlier. 

Which is exactly what makes it so concerning that inaccurate information was announced on the Club website and disclosed in email communications with fans.

If there are "lots of boring reasons why" then:

(a) you delay the announcement

(b) you phrase the announcement differently

(c) you don't say demonstrably untrue things to people

If this happens with things for which there are "boring" explanations, what does it say about our ability to trust the Club and its custodians when the explanations aren't "boring"?