Big Announcement

javeajag

As far as I can see, this statement, whatever its tone, confirms one basic fundamental truth: that Three Black Cats does not want (for whatever reason) still to be the owner of the Football Club by the start of next season.

Fundamentally, the situation remains as it always did:

The Jags Foundation is the only fan-ownership vehicle currently in existence that:

(a) is fan controlled

(b) has an independent revenue-raising model bringing in additional funding that can be used to support the Club

(c) has a significant and growing membership

This points to a very simple conclusion: Three Black Cats should, immediately following The Jags Foundation election results, restart its discussions with the new TJF Board.

8 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

As far as I can see, this statement, whatever its tone, confirms one basic fundamental truth: that Three Black Cats does not want (for whatever reason) still to be the owner of the Football Club by the start of next season.

Fundamentally, the situation remains as it always did:

The Jags Foundation is the only fan-ownership vehicle currently in existence that:

(a) is fan controlled

(b) has an independent revenue-raising model bringing in additional funding that can be used to support the Club

(c) has a significant and growing membership

This points to a very simple conclusion: Three Black Cats should, immediately following The Jags Foundation election results, restart its discussions with the new TJF Board.

WJ, do you read anything into the timing of this announcement, being that TJF are currently undergoing elections? 

2 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

WJ, do you read anything into the timing of this announcement, being that TJF are currently undergoing elections? 

At least we now actually have a statement of intent, such as it is.

Albeit Three Black Cats has not, more than a month on, responded to The Open Letter that was also specifically sent to them.

I don't know what they mean by a "note of interest" and to whom that refers.

I had hoped that Three Black Cats would have announced an intention to clear the air and to talk to the new TJF Board. I still hope that is their intention.

We will soon find out, I suppose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodstock Jag said:

It was sent to Three Black Cats, but we understand that both The Club and Three Black Cats are aware of it. I can't remember the exact date off the top of my head, but it was over a month ago.

Thistle fan on P&B saying that the 'astroturf'? fan group already on the board are probably the ones getting the shares. I have no idea who that is!

7 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Thistle fan on P&B saying that the 'astroturf'? fan group already on the board are probably the ones getting the shares. I have no idea who that is!

Can only assume they mean the PTFC trust, this is a scenario i could imagine just so that 3BC get rid of teh shares without having to talk to The Jags Foundation, presumably leaving The PTFC trust to deal with The Jags Foundation.

Just now, jaggymct said:

Can only assume they mean the PTFC trust, this is a scenario i could imagine just so that 3BC get rid of teh shares without having to talk to The Jags Foundation, presumably leaving The PTFC trust to deal with The Jags Foundation.

Definitely fishy business going on. 3BC now seem desperate to offload the shares and get out.

8 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

The only "fan-related" positions on the Thistle Board are three of the Directors. Two of them, Andrew Byron and Alan Caldwell, were previously Trustees of the PTFC Trust. The third, John Penman was (I believe) involved in the Thistle Forever group.

It is my understanding that those individuals, though clearly appointed in contemplation of facilitating fan representation/the fan ownership journey, regard themselves as appointed in individual capacities.

There are then 3 supporter trustees on the PTFC Trust, all of whom were co-opted rather than elected: Gordon Shaw, Euan Couperwhite and Robert Prentice Taylor.

1 minute ago, Woodstock Jag said:

The only "fan-related" positions on the Thistle Board are three of the Directors. Two of them, Andrew Byron and Alan Caldwell, were previously Trustees of the PTFC Trust. The third, John Penman was (I believe) involved in the Thistle Forever group.

It is my understanding that those individuals, though clearly appointed in contemplation of facilitating fan representation/the fan ownership journey, regard themselves as appointed in individual capacities.

There are then 3 supporter trustees on the PTFC Trust, all of whom were co-opted rather than elected: Gordon Shaw, Euan Couperwhite and Robert Prentice Taylor.

PTFC Trust then maybe?

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Depends if they have left a financial mess!

Absolutely, hopefully this is not the case ... i guess if they hand the shares to the PTFC trust they will no doubt not ask for DD as basically in 3BC's back pocket, leaving PTFC trust to negotiate with The Jags Foundataion re DD and a second transfer of shares possibly ?

Just now, gianlucatoni said:

Hope it’s not a case of 3BC bailing and leaving behind something like of the famous old letter to the treasury in 2010 … ‘I’m afraid there is no money left’ :blink:

'Dear Thistle fans congratulations on owning your club. Good luck, 3BC.

PS please find enclosed invoices for pitch and stadium renovations'

3 hours ago, jaggymct said:

looks like something happening

Hi jaggymct. Quickly copying and pasting my post from Thursday 19th May which confirms what the new application is about. 

Land Register watching seems to be the new close season entertainment for Thistle fans!

Great News!

The Registers of Scotland website finally discloses today that there is a pending application being processed in respect of a Disposition transferring title to the whole of Title Number GLA205256 (Firhill Main Stand & Bing etc) for "certain good and onerous causes" by Three Black Cats Limited in favour of The Partick Thistle Football Club Ltd.

The application was only submitted on 18th May 2022, so no question of a delay by the Registers as some have suggested. What the Disposition has been doing for the past few weeks since the Club announcement I do not know, but that does not matter now.

Accordingly the whole of Firhill does indeed belong to the Club and it is official.

20 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Hi jaggymct. Quickly copying and pasting my post from Thursday 19th May which confirms what the new application is about. 

Land Register watching seems to be the new close season entertainment for Thistle fans!

Great News!

The Registers of Scotland website finally discloses today that there is a pending application being processed in respect of a Disposition transferring title to the whole of Title Number GLA205256 (Firhill Main Stand & Bing etc) for "certain good and onerous causes" by Three Black Cats Limited in favour of The Partick Thistle Football Club Ltd.

The application was only submitted on 18th May 2022, so no question of a delay by the Registers as some have suggested. What the Disposition has been doing for the past few weeks since the Club announcement I do not know, but that does not matter now.

Accordingly the whole of Firhill does indeed belong to the Club and it is official.

Completely missed that, thanks for the update