Big Announcement

javeajag

22 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Our whole Club is a shambles from start to finish just now . Our current BOD with the reinstated Jaqui Lowe doesn’t inspire our Club and obviously the conflict of interest with Jaqui Lowe ( 3 Black Cats ) and PTFC ‘s chair shouldn’t have been allowed.

At this moment we have a crumbling stadium , dwindling crowds , possible financial problems, disaster of a pitch , no one within the BOD with the foresight to map out our future commercially or on the park for the coming years .

The Jags Foundation didn't come across well , no spokesperson that the fans could relate to or could convey what direction the Club was going to go down ( Youth Development etc )

Been a disaster and just shows the level we are at just now .

Given the unhappiness we have had with recent performances- taken into account all the issues going on off the pitch I think that if the players etc managed to finish in 4th position which is still a bid if - then the players and coaches will actually have done really well all things considering 

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Given the unhappiness we have had with recent performances- taken into account all the issues going on off the pitch I think that if the players etc managed to finish in 4th position which is still a bid if - then the players and coaches will actually have done really well all things considering 

You have to also consider how absolutely garbage the standard of this league has been. I’m not saying we should have won, but we should have been much closer to the leaders than we are.

7 hours ago, javeajag said:

An email from TJF 

We write to you in response to today’s announcement from Three Black Cats that The Jags Foundation will not be the recipient of Colin Weirs majority shareholding.

The sole purpose of The Jags Foundation is to be the custodian of those shares for Partick Thistle fans forever. In taking ownership we would get to preserve the legacy and help build the future with PTFC. Therefore we are exceptionally disappointed in the unilateral decision taken by 3BC.

This is a project that all the TJF volunteers worked on for over 2 years in good faith.

We had doubts about the commitment of 3BC to true independent fan ownership when they refused to let us carry out independent due diligence. These concerns have been exacerbated in recent months when we started exploring well known structures of fan ownership already in place at Hearts and Motherwell. These were presented as initial draft to Working Together but were rejected outright.

However, this is a separate democratic members organisation and there are still decisions to be made. The directors of TJF will come back to you with the options that we have on next steps for TJF.

We are genuinely sorry to write to you in this way but you have a group of hard working volunteers that are trying to make this work and sometimes when you try to please everybody you end up pleasing nobody. Lesson learned.

We will respect the democratic decision that you as members make.

Anyone know what the penultimate paragraph is meant to convey to the members?

Just now, fenski said:

No-one comes out of this well. Three management groups - 3 black cats, the club board, and the foundation have failed to move this forward, with the eyes of the support on them.

The usual management egos and arm wrestling bullshit.

Sorry TJF has only (to my understanding) been negotiating with Jacqui Low. She holds all the power

Not surprised this is doomed to fail, only 400 signed up for TJF. From my own group, only me (who is very sceptical) is remotely interested and joined, the other 4 have no interest. 4 of us are over 55 years old, one is 26. Of the 4 of us with various children & grandchildren only 1 child is a regular/season ticket holder. My granddaughter aged 10 attends as a season ticket holder just now, but I doubt if she'll stick with us,  I think we have a problem with an ageing dying support

7 hours ago, jaggy said:

Not surprised this is doomed to fail, only 400 signed up for TJF. From my own group, only me (who is very sceptical) is remotely interested and joined, the other 4 have no interest. 4 of us are over 55 years old, one is 26. Of the 4 of us with various children & grandchildren only 1 child is a regular/season ticket holder. My granddaughter aged 10 attends as a season ticket holder just now, but I doubt if she'll stick with us,  I think we have a problem with an ageing dying support

Some of us haven’t signed up to TJF precisely because we became aware that the Club was trying to shirk proper due diligence and there was an impression given that the senior leadership of TJF might allow the club to get away with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fenski said:

No-one comes out of this well. Three management groups - 3 black cats, the club board, and the foundation have failed to move this forward, with the eyes of the support on them.

The usual management egos and arm wrestling bullshit.

3 black cats is only Jacqui low , the chair of the club board is Jacqui Low…..see a pattern here 

There is of course a certain irony that those that are/ were against fan ownership seem to be unhappy that there now won’t be fan ownership …….and seem to be equally unhappy because it’s now clearly Jacqui lows club …..those were the real choices like it or not 

17 minutes ago, javeajag said:

There is of course a certain irony that those that are/ were against fan ownership seem to be unhappy that there now won’t be fan ownership …….and seem to be equally unhappy because it’s now clearly Jacqui lows club …..those were the real choices like it or not 

Agreed and I would fall into that group BUT it's a boot up the backside for me and through humility I will join TJF.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

I have not been against fan ownership for a long time quite the opposite but I wanted it done properly, where it seemed TJF were dragging it’s heels it appears now that the issue has always been Jacqui Low, she needs removed 

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

I have not been against fan ownership for a long time quite the opposite but I wanted it done properly, where it seemed TJF were dragging it’s heels it appears now that the issue has always been Jacqui Low, she needs removed 

Think that’s going to be pretty hard to do at this moment.

From the press release 19th November 2019.

“With the sale now completed, TBC will immediately transfer the ownership of the land purchased back to the Club within seven days. This means that the main stand, known as the Colin Weir Stand, and the undeveloped land to the south of the ground known as “the bing” reverts back to Thistle ownership after 10 years.

TBC will gift the 55% shareholding that it has acquired directly to a new fan shareholding entity currently being developed, based on the Well Society model at Motherwell FC. To allow fans time to get the preferred structure in place with the support of the Thistle fanbase, the shares will be held by TBC then transferred to fans no later than the 30th March 2020.”

Its now April 2022. The delay and broken promises lies directly with Jacqui Low

• Like 1

I have felt all along that the most important thing was to get the shares transferred to the fans TJF or otherwise asap and deal with whatever problems the club may have then. I think TJF has suffered from the fact there has been no “save the club” emergency to drive it forwards, we have that now it seems and we need to pull together as one group TJF or another and work to get the shares away from J Low asap

10 hours ago, jaggy said:

Posted this before. I was at the pre-season training/meet the manager day and was surprised at the length of queues of young kids awaiting player autographs. So I would say its not all doom and gloom on that front.

I think tho' we did have a diminishing support for a protracted time. That possibly means we're relatively low in numbers of older kids and young adults who, putting present state of the economy aside, may be high on the list of those targeted   to "invest" in fan ownership. 

As an aside when it comes to selling season tickets there should be linkage to fan ownership. Say offer the fan the choice of either just buying/renewing their ST or offering at increased cost  a package of ST and 12 months membership of TJF or whatever its successor gets called. I appreciate that maybe requires too much joiny up thinking for our Club these days but it has looked to me from afar that the concept of fan ownership has been poorly marketed. What spin there has been has either been on occasions on the negative side (eg the due diligence thingy) or at best rather ineffectual.  

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Posted this before. I was at the pre-season training/meet the manager day and was surprised at the length of queues of young kids awaiting player autographs. So I would say its not all doom and gloom on that front.....

The number of young fans at the last game in Inverness (in seriously bad weather, midweek) surprised me. It may well be that the policy of allowing under-16s in free is paying back now, despite a dip in the slightly older ages.

• Like 2

Devil’s advocate question, and apologies if this offends anyone (especially those working hard behind the scenes):

Does JLow have a point?  Is there reason for existential concern over transferring shares to the TJF entity?  I can see her point that handing over shares to just any fan group could actually be detrimental, but has it made clear what improvements she/they need to see before handing over the shares?

If she has her own criteria in mind for “fit and proper” or “what it will take for me to feel comfortable executing this part of Colin Weir’s vision” then I think she needs to communicate that explicitly.

Just realized I can help put this all to rest if I go buy a few Powerball and Mega Millions tickets.  Excuse me while I head to the convenience store…..

29 minutes ago, ChiThistle said:

Devil’s advocate question, and apologies if this offends anyone (especially those working hard behind the scenes):

Does JLow have a point?  Is there reason for existential concern over transferring shares to the TJF entity?  I can see her point that handing over shares to just any fan group could actually be detrimental, but has it made clear what improvements she/they need to see before handing over the shares?

If she has her own criteria in mind for “fit and proper” or “what it will take for me to feel comfortable executing this part of Colin Weir’s vision” then I think she needs to communicate that explicitly.

Just realized I can help put this all to rest if I go buy a few Powerball and Mega Millions tickets.  Excuse me while I head to the convenience store…..

From my understanding and from press release on November 19th 2019 Colin Weir wanted a Motherwell model and shares handed over no later than March 2020. I believe the foundation presented the Motherwell model which initially was rejected. 
We also have the Partick Thistle trust (again set up by Colin Weir to have fan representatives) which to my knowledge has stopped having elections and has (as far as I can see) removed it’s constitution from website. 3 of its members are on the board and were selected by, well guess who 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...