Big Announcement

javeajag

17 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I would say between 30 and 40 which is disappointing but it was after a game on Tuesday and not a nice night weather wise as well. This goes to the previous point about getting engagement ramped up and the fan base excited.

Yip agree a very low turnout (especially when Caldwell filled the room twice), looking forward to seeing the video where hopefully they have answered my questions regarding timescale and proper independent professional due diligence being carried out by a 3rd party. 

21 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I would say between 30 and 40 which is disappointing but it was after a game on Tuesday and not a nice night weather wise as well. This goes to the previous point about getting engagement ramped up and the fan base excited.

I was due to go last week but I'm in London tonight so couldn't go.

30-40 isn't disappointing, it's ridiculous for a fan base of over 2000 and I think it seems up the disinterest in this plan. I look forward to seeing the presentation but it doesn't look very promising for the future of fan ownership

9 hours ago, jaggy said:

I was due to go last week but I'm in London tonight so couldn't go.

30-40 isn't disappointing, it's ridiculous for a fan base of over 2000 and I think it seems up the disinterest in this plan. I look forward to seeing the presentation but it doesn't look very promising for the future of fan ownership

There is no other plan.

I was keen to go last week but this week was not possible for a number of reasons. Does seem like a low turnout but as this is happening regardless I really hope the communication will improve so as many as possible get on board. Hopefully when the transfer happens more will get signed up.

49 minutes ago, jaggymct said:

I was keen to go last week but this week was not possible for a number of reasons. Does seem like a low turnout but as this is happening regardless I really hope the communication will improve so as many as possible get on board. Hopefully when the transfer happens more will get signed up.

You may have a good point there. A few Jags fans might be holding back to see if fan ownership actually happens or to expose a possible money grab by the existing board. I have signed up, but have not committed myself financially as yet.

27 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

You may have a good point there. A few Jags fans might be holding back to see if fan ownership actually happens or to expose a possible money grab by the existing board. I have signed up, but have not committed myself financially as yet.

A money grab by the existing board …..what money ? How? Totally nuts 

I couldn't go last night but would've made it the week before. Attendance was disappointing but given the weather, the previous evening game and turnouts at many previous Jags fan nights, hardly surprising. 

It's important that interested fans that genuinely can't attend these events (mainly thru distance) get coverage of the meeting. However if these sort of  events are universally streamed how many of even that low 30-40 folk wouldn't attend?

16 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I couldn't go last night but would've made it the week before. Attendance was disappointing but given the weather, the previous evening game and turnouts at many previous Jags fan nights, hardly surprising. 

It's important that interested fans that genuinely can't attend these events (mainly thru distance) get coverage of the meeting. However if these sort of  events are universally streamed how many of even that low 30-40 folk wouldn't attend?

We have a lot of fans that either don’t live in Glasgow or even the country (myself included) or those who don’t want to be in a busy room due to COVID, that nearly 24 hrs later have no idea what has been discussed or what the plan is. A zoom/teams call would sort this out and engage more.

True engagement with the fan base is sadly lacking in this process, I pay my money (currently) but I have zero idea as to what (if any) progress or direction is being taken.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Was a timeline given for the club and ground to be handed over last night?  If memory serves me right May was previously mentioned 

It was mentioned that the transfer of prop Co assets would happen after the share transfer driven mainly by tax considerations 

16 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

We have a lot of fans that either don’t live in Glasgow or even the country (myself included) or those who don’t want to be in a busy room due to COVID, that nearly 24 hrs later have no idea what has been discussed or what the plan is. A zoom/teams call would sort this out and engage more.

True engagement with the fan base is sadly lacking in this process, I pay my money (currently) but I have zero idea as to what (if any) progress or direction is being taken.

That was raised last night and no one was disagreeing…..upping the non online engagement and activities was acknowledged……the slides from last night and video of the meeting will be available shortly 

25 minutes ago, javeajag said:

That was raised last night and no one was disagreeing…..upping the non online engagement and activities was acknowledged……the slides from last night and video of the meeting will be available shortly 

I honestly cannot understand why this could not have been streamed, it’s 2022 and we’ve all effectively been doing remote working with TEAMS/ZOOM/WEBEX for last 2 years. We have a lot of fans (and who pay into it) who could not attend last night who basically have no idea what took place.

I trust the video will be unedited 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

I honestly cannot understand why this could not have been streamed, it’s 2022 and we’ve all effectively been doing remote working with TEAMS/ZOOM/WEBEX for last 2 years. We have a lot of fans (and who pay into it) who could not attend last night who basically have no idea what took place.

I trust the video will be unedited 

Was just about to post something similar about video call.

7 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Was a timeline given for the club and ground to be handed over last night?  If memory serves me right May was previously mentioned 

The joint press release gave June this year as a date.

Last evening this was confirmed as what is still being worked to but (there is always a but) that could be a bit later as for TBC to transfer the shares they have to be sure TJF is a credible group.

This touches on a point GRE2 made about people joining once the shares transfer. Really we need people to join up so we can say "look we have xxxxx members". A bit of chicken & egg situation.

4 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

The joint press release gave June this year as a date.

Last evening this was confirmed as what is still being worked to but (there is always a but) that could be a bit later as for TBC to transfer the shares they have to be sure TJF is a credible group.

This touches on a point GRE2 made about people joining once the shares transfer. Really we need people to join up so we can say "look we have xxxxx members". A bit of chicken & egg situation.

In respect of the shares transfer, I think there is a slight mistrust of the intentions coming from the board. There have been announcements from the board saying this and that( transfer of deeds of Firhill to the club, almost from the start of the Colin Weir buyout) etc. But we are still waiting. And the issue of a club board member to be on the fans board sits uneasy with me. It looks to me that the board will just use the fans board as a talking shop and make all the decisions regardless of the wishes of the fans. Correct me on any issue that I may have got in error.

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

In respect of the shares transfer, I think there is a slight mistrust of the intentions coming from the board. There have been announcements from the board saying this and that( transfer of deeds of Firhill to the club, almost from the start of the Colin Weir buyout) etc. But we are still waiting. And the issue of a club board member to be on the fans board sits uneasy with me. It looks to me that the board will just use the fans board as a talking shop and make all the decisions regardless of the wishes of the fans. Correct me on any issue that I may have got in error.

The issue about the make up of the club board and the decision making process was one of the points that was explained and discussed at length last evening so I think the best thing to do is look at the slides and watch the presentation to form your opinion (I don't want to explain something poorly and give you a false impression).

3 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

The agreement was the fans would own the club, it didn’t state 3BC will determine which fans can control it

Also the assets would be transferred straight back to the club- 2 years on not done.

This is no progress as I can see, I’ll keep my powder dry till after I see the video but from what I’m hearing here we are no further forward than we were 2 years ago. This is either a reluctance from 3BC to relinquish control or an issue within the working group or both.

I have still not heard whether professional impartial due diligence has been carried out, this should have been one of the first tasks to ensure the new owners (us) are not in for a nasty surprise as soon as the keys (and liability) is passed over.

13 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

The issue about the make up of the club board and the decision making process was one of the points that was explained and discussed at length last evening so I think the best thing to do is look at the slides and watch the presentation to form your opinion (I don't want to explain something poorly and give you a false impression).

I thank you for your reply.

13 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

The agreement was the fans would own the club, it didn’t state 3BC will determine which fans can control it

Also the assets would be transferred straight back to the club- 2 years on not done.

This is no progress as I can see, I’ll keep my powder dry till after I see the video but from what I’m hearing here we are no further forward than we were 2 years ago. This is either a reluctance from 3BC to relinquish control or an issue within the working group or both.

I have still not heard whether professional impartial due diligence has been carried out, this should have been one of the first tasks to ensure the new owners (us) are not in for a nasty surprise as soon as the keys (and liability) is passed over.

Thanks for the reply. Am I correct in saying that our chairman is the sole director of 3BC?

Edited by Garscube Road End 2