The Thistle Archive - short Morton quiz

east end jag

Another chance to use the incredibly detailed (and interesting!)  The Thistle Archive to prepare a few Morton related questions before tonight’s game.

1. Which three current members of the Thistle team have spent time at Greenock Morton before joining us?

2. John Lambie’s first game against Morton during his first management spell at Thistle took place on New Years Eve 1988 at Cappielow. What was the final  score? 

3. Since 2009, we have twice beaten Morton 5-0 at Firhill; on 29 August 2009 and 30 September 2011. Who managed the teams for both matches?

4. During his Thistle career, how many times did Alan Morgan score against Morton?

5. The 1991/92 season ended in promotion to the Premier Division for Thistle as runners up to Dundee.  In what place, and how many point behind the Jags, did Morton finish?

1 hour ago, east end jag said:

Another chance to use the incredibly detailed (and interesting!)  The Thistle Archive to prepare a few Morton related questions before tonight’s game.

1. Which three current members of the Thistle team have spent time at Greenock Morton before joining us?

2. John Lambie’s first game against Morton during his first management spell at Thistle took place on New Years Eve 1988 at Cappielow. What was the final  score? 

3. Since 2009, we have twice beaten Morton 5-0 at Firhill; on 29 August 2009 and 30 September 2011. Who managed the teams for both matches?

4. During his Thistle career, how many times did Alan Morgan score against Morton?

5. The 1991/92 season ended in promotion to the Premier Division for Thistle as runners up to Dundee.  In what place, and how many point behind the Jags, did Morton finish?

I will have a go, but will not do as well as for the Dunfermline game, as I did not start attending games regularly until 1996:

1) Scott Tiffoney  is the only one I am sure of. I will go for Brian Graham and Kevin Holt simply because they have both been around a bit!

2) Before my time, so sheer guess. 2-1 to Thistle?

3) Ian McCall

4) I can remember one brilliant long range shot. He cannot have played them that many times due to injury and our relegation, so I will stay with 1.

5) Before my time. I will say 4th and 7 points behind, but I do not have a scooby.

Thanks again for doing this. As you were East End Jag for the Dunfermline quiz, should you not be Wee Dublin Jag for this one? 

• Like 1

Well done Partickthedog. Not only did you give some good answers but you also managed to make this topic look less of a lonely place than it could have been!

Answers and links are as follows:

1.  Scott Tiffoney, Ross MacIver and Brian Graham

2. Thistle got beat 1-0

3. 2009 - Ian McCall (Thistle) Davy Irons (Morton)

2011 - Jackie Macnamara (Thistle) Allan Moore (Morton)

4. Twice

5. Morton finished seventh, eleven points behind Thistle