PTFC V ICT

thebiglemon

Maybe time to try Hastie from the start? The Turner back at right mid experiment didn't work so we either need to put Smith back in or try Hastie on the right or send him back.

Sneddon

Foster

Tunji

Mayo

Holt

Hastie

Docherty

Banzo

Tiff

Rudden

Graham

Edited by jags on tour

I understand that ICT's 2nd half showing against us up there wasn't a typical ICT performance. But if they repeat that we may well be in bother. The way they moved the ball across the field was very impressive. Maybe not so impressive on some of our support who consider anything not punted forward is negative play but the pace they played those lateral balls had our midfield in complete disarray. Bolster up our midfield or hope they don't have a repeat.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

This halloween weekend, a big 3 points at stake. Lets hope our attack has plenty of bite and we aren't frightened of crosses. I will get my long black cloak. :getmecoat:

All of witch reminds me: I guess Three Black Cats will be there.

It's the kind of match in which the Ghost could have made a difference.

Hoping for some excellent attacking spells.

3 hours ago, ironfist said:

I think teams have sussed us a bit since the hamton match. Stop tiffoney and we struggle to create. I’d be in favour of starting hastie in addition to tiffoney and going for it. Especially at home 

If Hastie had shown anything like the form we expected of him, I would be wholeheartedly agreeing with you. But he has shown nothing to indicate that he is worthy of (or even wants) a start. Of course I will be absolutely delighted if he proves me totally wrong. 

It seems that we currently have 10 players who pick themselves, and it is the right person and the right position for that eleventh player that we are struggling to get right.

45 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

All of witch reminds me: I guess Three Black Cats will be there.

It's the kind of match in which the Ghost could have made a difference.

Hoping for some excellent attacking spells.

Getting a bit ahead of myself, but at least we don't have that guy Fox in goals for us any more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, partickthedog said:

If Hastie had shown anything like the form we expected of him, I would be wholeheartedly agreeing with you. But he has shown nothing to indicate that he is worthy of (or even wants) a start. Of course I will be absolutely delighted if he proves me totally wrong. 

It seems that we currently have 10 players who pick themselves, and it is the right person and the right position for that eleventh player that we are struggling to get right.

Could well be that there is an attitude or confidence issue- only the management team will know. But, he must have ability and to be honest I don’t think he’s had a chance to demonstrate that since he joined on loan 

20 minutes ago, ironfist said:

Could well be that there is an attitude or confidence issue- only the management team will know. But, he must have ability and to be honest I don’t think he’s had a chance to demonstrate that since he joined on loan 

Agreed, in general. When guys get brought on with 15-20 minutes left in the hope that they are going to somehow turn around a poor performance by most of the rest of the team, it doesn't seem right to judge them on those brief performances alone. But we don't know what goes on in training, I suppose.

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Agreed, in general. When guys get brought on with 15-20 minutes left in the hope that they are going to somehow turn around a poor performance by most of the rest of the team, it doesn't seem right to judge them on those brief performances alone. But we don't know what goes on in training, I suppose.

Not disagreeing as such but the epitome of an impact player would be an attacking wide player. What I'm getting at is playing in that position Hastie has to be able to hit the ground running. 

Lots to be positive about, although feels a bit flat on here today.

Win today, and I think we will, and we're right in with a shout. Staying in touch while we find a way to win this league is where it's at.

The 2 recent draws probably don't seem the best but those teams are making a habit of denying wins with turgid play. 12 draws between them both in 22 games. Cally won't play the same way and things will open up more for us I feel.

I'm going 3-1 Thistle today, followed by a real push for the title.

We might just fall short if Killie keep doing a Rangers. What time's their penalty today?  

4 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Agreed that any immediate judgment would be too Hastie.

Anyway I am much more keen on Thistle winning than I am in being proved right. Allez Hastie!

2 hours ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Smith back in for Turner.  Cammie needs to step up today, as Tiff will be marked out of the game.

Was absolutely delighted when Smith signed for us but he has been completely and utterly underwhelming since he joined. Is not deserving of a starting place based on his performances since he joined