Rugby Park Predictions

Jaggernaut

9 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

What is the situation with Rudden's contract. If he continues to improve and show more consistency, i can't see us been able to hold on to him.

He signed a 2 and a half year deal in January 2020 so he’s still signed up until May 2022 I think. Hopefully we try and get his deal extended

My God that was good. Totally deserved win. Could have been more comfortable if the ref hadn't bottled a clear red card. In fairness that apart he wasn't that bad. 

Rudden, Bannigan and Mayo were all immense today. Everyone in the team pulled their weight today. Particularly pleased to see Turner and Murray come in and do a job. Kilmarnock's first real chance came 2 minutes into injury time and thankfully Sneddon was up to the task. 

Maybe Jamie Sneddon only had one difficult reflex save to make, but his overall play now gives confidence to his defence and to the Thistle support. What a big step forward he has taken.

As somebody else has mentioned, much praise to Scott Tiffoney. He had a much deeper role to play and performed it diligently with a lot of covering back. It would seem that he had been instructed to rein himself in and to make sure he retained possession. He certainly did that to perfection. Hopefully he will let off the leash against some of the other teams and given a licence to tear them apart.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

As somebody else has mentioned, much praise to Scott Tiffoney. He had a much deeper role to play and performed it diligently with a lot of covering back. It would seem that he had been instructed to rein himself in and to make sure he retained possession. He certainly did that to perfection. Hopefully he will let off the leash against some of the other teams and given a licence to tear them apart.

You make him sound like a Bulldog.:D

4 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Days like today is why I love this football club.

Get it right up Tommy Wright and the tractor driving hordes - you are a bolt short of a functioning engine.

Well done to the players and the management for today's result.

And to every Jags fan tonight - may those beers taste good well into the night!!

6 hours ago, jags on tour said:

He signed a 2 and a half year deal in January 2020 so he’s still signed up until May 2022 I think. Hopefully we try and get his deal extended

Think McCall tried to get him on an extended deal at the beginning of the season, so sounds like Rudden maybe sees his future outside the Championship… of course that’s still possible with us…

Great to see him flourish along with Sneddon. Two players that had been written off by many until very recently. 

12 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Think McCall tried to get him on an extended deal at the beginning of the season, so sounds like Rudden maybe sees his future outside the Championship… of course that’s still possible with us…

Great to see him flourish along with Sneddon. Two players that had been written off by many until very recently. 

I know Mayo isn’t our player and probably never will be but he’s a great example of a player who has improved hugely by getting a regular game and being well managed.

Only a few months ago he was being beaten up regularly but now appears to enjoy the hurly burly.

He’ll be ready for Sevco next season.

44 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

I know Mayo isn’t our player and probably never will be but he’s a great example of a player who has improved hugely by getting a regular game and being well managed.

Only a few months ago he was being beaten up regularly but now appears to enjoy the hurly burly.

He’ll be ready for Sevco next season.

Mayo is the first Old Firm loanee whom I can recollect really caring deeply about winning games for Thistle, as witness his celebration with Akinola and Sneddon at the end of the match.

14 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Mayo is the first Old Firm loanee whom I can recollect really caring deeply about winning games for Thistle, as witness his celebration with Akinola and Sneddon at the end of the match.

I thought he was celebrating because he actually got through a match without giving away a penalty.

Seriously, he's an an excellent defender. And Akinola is looking increasingly like an important player for us.

From the highlights: some terrific attacking moves by us yesterday.

10 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Think that was about the three of them taking real pride in their collective performance and Sneddon's late save that has kept the run of clean sheets going. Sneddon was very solid yesterday but for over 90 minutes Mayo and Akinola did a great job of protecting him. 

Shame about the Hamilton consolation goal. But 1 goal conceded in 6 is a great achievement. 

Also thought Holt and Foster were much improved on recent performances. 

Rudden was onside. What's actually bothering them is that it was a very tight call and they feel they have the right that they should all go their way. They are a big club after all.

I assume the awful officiating doesn't include the stonewall red card that wasn't given. To think that arrogant ******* is my MP. 

26 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

Rudden was onside. What's actually bothering them is that it was a very tight call and they feel they have the right that they should all go their way. They are a big club after all.

I assume the awful officiating doesn't include the stonewall red card that wasn't given. To think that arrogant ******* is my MP. 

Hmmm. The Scottish Parliament has a long reach to Muscat ?? Lol