Rugby Park Predictions

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Hmmm. The Scottish Parliament has a long reach to Muscat ?? Lol

It's 10 years since I left Muscat. If I could've been arsed I should have changed my name to Bahrain, Dubai and finally Kilmaurs Jag. The only one in the village as far as I know. 

Brown is our Westminster MP. Somehow appropriate given his level of delusion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muscat Jag said:

It's 10 years since I left Muscat. If I could've been arsed I should have changed my name to Bahrain, Dubai and finally Kilmaurs Jag. The only one in the village as far as I know. 

Brown is our Westminster MP. Somehow appropriate given his level of delusion. 

Maybe someone should have a word with Mhairi Black and get him told!

• Haha 1

I’ve got happy memories of Rugby Park. It’s one of three grounds I’ve seen Thistle in the flesh at as my family were over in the UK and I convinced my wife to let me take my son on a ‘day trip to Kilmarnock.’ Liam Lindsay scored a last minute equaliser and I heard some truly entertaining patter from the angry wee bald man next to me. 

That’s a great result, and hopefully shows we’ll be around the mark come seasons end.

In forty plus years of watching football, not sure I’ve ever seen such a stonewall red card not given. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

I’ve got happy memories of Rugby Park. It’s one of three grounds I’ve seen Thistle in the flesh at as my family were over in the UK and I convinced my wife to let me take my son on a ‘day trip to Kilmarnock.’ Liam Lindsay scored a last minute equaliser and I heard some truly entertaining patter from the angry wee bald man next to me

That’s a great result, and hopefully shows we’ll be around the mark come seasons end.

In forty plus years of watching football, not sure I’ve ever seen such a stonewall red card not given. 

Was that no oor Bobby without his cargo?  :drink2:

Edited by East Kent Jag II

11 minutes ago, Sivad said:

Thistle fans checking the score from time to time are used to nailbiting experiences, but never as long as from three minutes past three until ten minutes past five, for the final score to come through.

By contrast, I was surprised at how relaxed I was at the game with us defending a 1-0 lead for 90 minutes. Other than that single scare right at the end, Killie did so little it never felt like they'd score even if they had another 90.

Watched a few bits on YouTube including a piece from Footy Adventures that was quite interesting. He goes round the grounds and seems to support the home team mostly.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE BUT BOOS AT FULL TIME?!?!? Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle - YouTube

Also watched Tommy Wrights' take on things. I suppose he's there to talk about his own team and maybe he's right to only do that but I feel other managers give a nod to the opposition. He certainly doesn't ever seem to.

I guess that makes it even more enjoyable beating them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CotterJag said:

Watched a few bits on YouTube including a piece from Footy Adventures that was quite interesting. He goes round the grounds and seems to support the home team mostly.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE BUT BOOS AT FULL TIME?!?!? Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle - YouTube

Also watched Tommy Wrights' take on things. I suppose he's there to talk about his own team and maybe he's right to only do that but I feel other managers give a nod to the opposition. He certainly doesn't ever seem to.

I guess that makes it even more enjoyable 

13 hours ago, CotterJag said:

I guess that makes it even more enjoyable beating them.

He has the type of positive energy I wish I had!

21 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

By contrast, I was surprised at how relaxed I was at the game with us defending a 1-0 lead for 90 minutes. Other than that single scare right at the end, Killie did so little it never felt like they'd score even if they had another 90.

Agree with this 100%.  I am normally same with Jags even at 2-0 but was surprisingly chilled until late corner.  

My big worry now is Ayr as no one expected Kilmarnock to be brushed aside with relative ease and now the expectation will be on comfy Jags win especially given our previous meeting.