Penalty Them, No!

The Thistle Archive

Thanks for your feedback; we're good to go with our new 'Partickle'...

We've had many more against us than for us, and here we chart the story all the way from the beginning in the 1890s and every decade since. For the goalkeeper, it's his big chance to win games, to be the hero, and to get a taste of the striker's glory. Which save ensured a cup final win? Who's faced the most pens? We look at all the trials and tribulations and conclude with our ultimate three penalty prevention Kings...

Penalty Them, No! →

13459915.jpg.gallery.jpg

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

wasn't it Scott Cerny who saved Thomas Sinclair's penalty mentioned in the article?

Dunno what you're talking about  :whistling:  :thumbsup2:

Also published today is our brand new list page, putting at your fingertips the definitive list of every penalty faced by Thistle, 1891 to date...

Every penalty (faced) →

every-pen-faced.png

Great as usual from everybody @The Thistle Archive. Another category could be ' Most important penalties rescinded'.  Top of my list would be 3rd March 2020 at home against Queen of the South. If we would have got it, we might have scored and went on to win the game and we would not have been bottom of the league when it was prematurely stopped. :thinking:

I always remember being up at a game in Aberdeen and we lost to a dodgy penalty, I was only young but it sticks in my craw that it was a total dive down to right hand goals, must have been some time in the 90’s when we were in the PL,  just found this article which makes me think I was right! https://partickthistleahistory.wikifoundry.com/season-by-season/season-1995-96/v-aberdeen-a-jan-1996/

4 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Great as usual from everybody @The Thistle Archive. Another category could be ' Most important penalties rescinded'.  Top of my list would be 3rd March 2020 at home against Queen of the South. If we would have got it, we might have scored and went on to win the game and we would not have been bottom of the league when it was prematurely stopped. :thinking:

Didn't Banzo miss one early in that game (or was that against Dunfermline when Brian Graham scored when the floodlights were already out?)?

Which leads us to a penalties missed with consequences thread.......................sorry to the Archive for that one.

27 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Didn't Banzo miss one early in that game (or was that against Dunfermline when Brian Graham scored when the floodlights were already out?)?

Which leads us to a penalties missed with consequences thread.......................sorry to the Archive for that one.

Banzo missed the penalty in the Dunfermline game. He also missed a penalty away to Alloa in our first game of 2020, he then scored after another penalty was given a few minutes later.