Ayr Utd Away

elevenone

2 hours ago, westertonjagfan said:

I just watched the goals on Jagzone. Graham's first goal was a belter, which we saw really clearly at the Railway End. The second goal was a bit of a blur from there, even with specs on, so great to see it properly. Great cross and the way Graham times his jump and places the ball is lovely to see. 

3rd goal was a great goal. Killed the game, no coming back from that. 

3 hours ago, westertonjagfan said:

I just watched the goals on Jagzone. Graham's first goal was a belter, which we saw really clearly at the Railway End. The second goal was a bit of a blur from there, even with specs on, so great to see it properly. Great cross and the way Graham times his jump and places the ball is lovely to see. 

Agreed, Jagzone highlights can cut both ways. Like you at the time, peering from the terracing at the far end of the pitch, I got the impression that our 3rd (Graham's 2nd) was a pretty good goal, but it was only on watching Jagzone that I saw how excellent it was, with slick passing leading to McKenna's pinpoint cross, and Graham's perfect finish.

What Jagzone does not show was the prelude to our first goal. One of many long balls played up in the general direction of Zak Rudden.  He brings it down expertly, holds off a couple of players and earns the free kick. He did this quite a few times, making a lot from unpromising material, so it is only appropriate to give him credit for this.

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2021 at 5:30 AM, sandy said:

But are you a glass half full or a glass half empty kind of guy? 

Adding to this conversation. I would say I think I am a half full guy but probably at the moment more half empty. We are on a decent run at the moment but really need to do better at home.

36 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Adding to this conversation. I would say I think I am a half full guy but probably at the moment more half empty. We are on a decent run at the moment but really need to do better at home.

I see it the other way: now that the defence seems to have been sorted out, with effective goal-scoring play, it seems to me we're likely to do well this season.

Still believe the January window will be crucial for us.... two quality signings (middle and front) could see us take 3 points instead of 1 in many games and drive real momentum. 

Killie are big favourites to go straight back up but so were Falkirk last season.  I believe two good additions would secure play offs as a minimum.

Edited by JAG1970

16 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Still believe the January window will be crucial for us.... two quality signings (middle to front) could see us take 3 points instead of 1 in many games and drive real momentum. 

Killie are big favourites to go straight back up but so were Falkirk last season.  I believe two good additions would secure play offs as a minimum.

I'd go the other way and say a holding midfielder, to take the pressure off Banzo and Doc, letting them be more creative.

4 hours ago, exiledjag said:

I posted a couple of weeks ago after the 2 draws whether sharing with QP was having an impact on the playing surface and how we like to play. Hope not.

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I posted a couple of weeks ago after the 2 draws whether sharing with QP was having an impact on the playing surface and how we like to play. Hope not.

Watched some Queens Park highlights at Firhill.

Compare our pitch to Ayr's and it looks terrible. Looks like it had a million divots on it.

Maybe why we're hammering teams on plastic, as much as I hate it and on good pitches.

16 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Compare our pitch to Ayr's and it looks terrible. Looks like it had a million divots on it.

Maybe why we're hammering teams on plastic, as much as I hate it and on good pitches.

I see there's another Firhill double header coming up. Queens PK on the 4th Dec and the SWPL Cup final on the 5th.

On 11/15/2021 at 3:32 PM, Lenziejag said:

On 11/15/2021 at 5:35 PM, CotterJag said:

You both may have a point though was it not the case that a number of the ground staff had to self-isolate. I am sure I read that somewhere. If this was in fact correct then it stands to reason our pitch will not be,  at least for a couple of weeks, in tip top condition.

It certainly seems to be the case that when we pass the ball along the ground with pace, purpose and accuracy that we are virtually unplayable  so a good playing surface is an imperative.