Saturday v Accies

thebiglemon

A good win when not at our best.

6 clean sheets on the bounce is some effort, even if Sneddon had a couple of dodgy moments near the end today.

We looked a lot better when Smith came on and we went one up with two either side of Graham. When Rudden and Graham play together we seem to resort to launching long balls at them, we're much more fluent when attacking with pace through the middle and wings.

I thought Bannigan was MotM today but no arguments with Akinola, he's formed a brilliant partnership with the impressive Mayo.

All to play for now, big run of games coming up.

11 minutes ago, King Kenny said:

A good win when not at our best.

6 clean sheets on the bounce is some effort, even if Sneddon had a couple of dodgy moments near the end today.

We looked a lot better when Smith came on and we went one up with two either side of Graham. When Rudden and Graham play together we seem to resort to launching long balls at them, we're much more fluent when attacking with pace through the middle and wings.

I thought Bannigan was MotM today but no arguments with Akinola, he's formed a brilliant partnership with the impressive Mayo.

All to play for now, big run of games coming up.

Agree that Smith looked very good when he came on. Great effort that hit the bar. Also Tiff had 2 chances to play him in but didn't look up....

I felt pretty comfortable through that. Pretty surprised at negativity on here. would have been more comfortable if the referee had done his job but despite that Thistle won without looking too strained.

Some of Accies tackling was downright dangerous. They look to be in a bad way after their relegation. And only about 50 or 100 people turning up to watch them in a local game must be depressing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, allyo said:

I felt pretty comfortable through that. Pretty surprised at negativity on here. would have been more comfortable if the referee had done his job but despite that Thistle won without looking too strained.

Some of Accies tackling was downright dangerous. They look to be in a bad way after their relegation. And only about 50 or 100 people turning up to watch them in a local game must be depressing.

Another ref would have shown at least one red card today, possibly two. Some really  dangerous  tackling indeed.

From watching on the stream I thought the first half was poor, no pace, width or tempo. The pitch looked very bobbly though, even the most basic short passes seemed to take two touches to control. 

Second half they started better and were unlucky with a header by the post then we scored with a cracking fizzed Turner corner and a great header by Mayo. Smith was so unlucky with his shot off the bar aswell. We looked comfortable enough defensively but most of Accies attacks were down our right, Turner maybe drifts too far inside which leaves big McKenna exposed, fair play to the big man as he’s in and out the team and never lets us down. Toss of the coin between Mayo and Akinola for MOTM, Mayo probably for me because he scored but both were solid. Still not quite sure if Turner on the right works but his set piece delivery is excellent and we’re still winning. He’ll be fired up vs Pars next Friday so stick with it, it will be a hard game as they have won their last two after Yogi coming in. 

Edited by jags on tour

More importantly, this team are beginning to put a serious challenge together.

Defensively the are better than solid - the recent stats prove it.

Big Bad Brian Graham and Nasty Zac Rudden are putting the fear of Allah into any defence they come up against.

Frailties in midfield do exist, but we are in a good place right now.

And like last season - no ****s given for where we are less than halfway through the season.

Where we are after 36 is the key.

23 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I wouldn't.

And the reasons - pace jlsarmy - were worn out on this site 13 days ago.

I take it you were at the game today Barney and the last two goalless games at Firhill 

When teams sit in against us we run out of ideas , Rudden and Graham didn’t kick a ball today and indeed were both taken off .

Absolutely no  goalscoring threat from midfield, there has got to be a different system to break down teams at Firhill .

Stevie Lawless would give us a different option with his creativity and his goalscoring threat .

10 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I take it you were at the game today Barney and the last two goalless games at Firhill 

When teams sit in against us we run out of ideas , Rudden and Graham didn’t kick a ball today and indeed were both taken off .

Absolutely no  goalscoring threat from midfield, there has got to be a different system to break down teams at Firhill .

Stevie Lawless would give us a different option with his creativity and his goalscoring threat .

Stevie Lawless 2012-2018 certainly may have, I agree JLS.

Today's Stevie Lawless - dunno. And you cannot know either, so let's agree to leave this discussion there. No point in either of us debating a player whose commitment is questionable.

If we're wanting a real 'what if' debate - how about Brian Graham being the missing partner Kris Doolan could have had all those years Archie played him up top on his own?

4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I agree entirely, jlsarmy. I presume even some of those not keen on signing Lawless wouldn't disagree in part. Seems tho' that both Lawless's character and attitude are in question. I suppose his untimely exit at Motherwell adds to the negative speculation. 

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

On you’re first point, no he wasn’t!