January Transfer Window

javeajag

Wonder how much we should read into Sneddon, Rudden and Akinola not yet signing their contract extension offers?

Posssibly waiting to see the if there’s any interest in them from other clubs in January. I can see that happening  Akinola but I’d be very surprised if there was interest from bigger clubs for the other two, and I’d be happy for them to stay, but Akinola for me has been quite special.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandy said:

We need to get Akinola & Snedden signed up.

Indeed, both pivotal in our recent (Arbroath game aside) defensive prowess . Akinola especially keeps the head ,does what it says on the tin without any fancy antics and effectively clears his lines and usually finds a Jags jersey at the end of it.

Edited by Anniesland Jag
  • Like 1

Just now, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Ayr fans on P&B thinking Aaron Muirhead is on his way back to us?

He was about to join us in the summer. Ayr were dithering over the deal and meantime we signed Tunji who'd been training (on trial) with us. Nothing against Aero, he'd be a decent enough squad player, but could so easily have missed out on Akinola.

4 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

He was about to join us in the summer. Ayr were dithering over the deal and meantime we signed Tunji who'd been training (on trial) with us. Nothing against Aero, he'd be a decent enough squad player, but could so easily have missed out on Akinola.

I didn't know that. If he is still wanting Muirhead, where would he play him?

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Never understood the Zak love-in. Always looks to run around a lot with little end product. If someone is willing to give us some cash, grab it and run.

While I see what he can bring to the club, I wouldn't be too upset to see him go. And that could bring Cummings into play?

Edited by Garscube Road End 2

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

I didn't know that. If he is still wanting Muirhead, where would he play him?

Good question. I'd see him strictly as cover. He's played right back, centreback and as a defensive centre mid.  I could see him come in for Mayo or Akinola, which would save changing the back four around. Certainly see him cover for Docherty. As  for right back cover, I don't think McKenna's done much wrong there when called upon. It's likely tho' that we'll have more than one defensive player out at one time, so Muirhead wouldn't be a daft addition to the squad.

That said there's one or two positions in the squad that should have more priority.

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Never understood the Zak love-in. Always looks to run around a lot with little end product. If someone is willing to give us some cash, grab it and run.

For me he is not consistent enough. He seems to have a few games where he is really good and then a number of games where he is largely ineffective. He never hides and always tries to hassle defenders, it just doesn't always work though. At only 21 for me another season or 2 at Firhill could see him develop into a better player. If we do sell him does Sevco get a percentage as i remember something about them retaining an interest in him when he signed for us ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Good question. I'd see him strictly as cover. He's played right back, centreback and as a defensive centre mid.  I could see him come in for Mayo or Akinola, which would save changing the back four around. Certainly see him cover for Docherty. As  for right back cover, I don't think McKenna's done much wrong there when called upon. It's likely tho' that we'll have more than one defensive player out at one time, so Muirhead wouldn't be a daft addition to the squad.

That said there's one or two positions in the squad that should have more priority.

Interesting if the rumour is true. With Bell apparently on his way back to fitness and with Holt able to play central defence, and maybe McKenna too, I don’t think we need another centre back… unless someone is leaving in January.  
Docherty either needs a rest or we need someone tougher in that position. Aaron certainly comes into the later category and I’d be fine with him back but I don’t see him as a long term option.

Difficult window for IMC as he probably wants to add two for the long term but it all comes down to availability and funds.

I like Zak but if we were offered money and got someone else in who could regularly play 90 then I doubt we’ll stand in his way.

I know by the time the window opens we will be past the halfway point but as it stands we are 3 points off  topping the table so I would hope we can support the manager with his plans, of course finances and Covid will play a part.

Arbroath are doing exceptionally well but Nouble and Dowds will be returning to their parent clubs in January. ICT seem to blow hot and cold. Raith Rovers, like Arbroath, are doing great but McGlynn was bemoaning a tight squad after yesterday's match. And Killie are under pressure for an immediate return and are looking for a new manager at a key point in the season.

Of course we could get hit by injuries and/or Covid but I think we should be positive heading in to 2022 - anything can happen (and probably will).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Will Brownlie be back this season?

Muirhead - no.

Nothing against him, but what's the point? We already have Foster. Why do we need to go that far backwards?

Akinola - please sign him up for another couple of years - he is the sauce.

Rudden - would be be delighted if he stayed. He's infuriating at times, but when he's good he's a beezer.

Kyle Turner - IMac needs to find a position that gets the best out of him in his current system. The subs bench is demonstrably not it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Muirhead - no.

Nothing against him, but what's the point? We already have Foster. Why do we need to go that far backwards?

Akinola - please sign him up for another couple of years - he is the sauce.

Rudden - would be be delighted if he stayed. He's infuriating at times, but when he's good he's a beezer.

Kyle Turner - IMac needs to find a position that gets the best out of him in his current system. The subs bench is demonstrably not it.

Not keen on Muirhead. Akinola..agree, get him signed up.  Rudden....if we get a decent offer let him go. Turner...Great potential, could be our playmaker and make things happen. 

• Like 1