January Transfer Window

javeajag

I could see Gordon doing a job for QoS if they can find his right position.

He's been used in more forward areas because he pops up with the occasional goal. However I actually think he is a defensive midfielder. We played him there once in a 2-1 home win against Falkirk and he was pretty good until he got injured just before halftime.

At 23 he really needs to get a run of games in a settled position otherwise he could struggle to stay in the proffessional game.

He is a best a lower end championship player and so far not shown he is good enough to play in a team in the top half so I would be amazed if we offer him a contract in the summer but having him on loan allows us to recall him should we hit a run of injuries/covid asbcences.

2 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

I like Shea. He is athletic, does not hide and can play midfield or full/wing back. Played as a #10 he popped up with goals.  Hoped he would get more of a chance for the team even còming on as a sub when we needed a Plan B.

Does not hide ? Are we talking about the same player ?

Lost count of the number of games last season where he was invisible, barely touching the ball or an opposing player.

3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Hmm. Do we want him to have a good game or not ?

Of course we do, always want every Thistle player to do well. I know what you mean, imo the sooner we get his situation sorted the better. If he goes we need to get somebody in to replace him, we already need back up to challenge Rudden and Graham.

5 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Of course we do, always want every Thistle player to do well. I know what you mean, imo the sooner we get his situation sorted the better. If he goes we need to get somebody in to replace him, we already need back up to challenge Rudden and Graham.

How about we win 6-0 but Rudden has a stinker ?

I think Shea Gordon has played the equivalent in minutes of approximately 50 games for Thistle. Given that he scored twice in the first 9 minutes of his debut v Stenhousemuir, my calculation is that if he had maintained the same scoring rate he would now be sitting on 1000 goals for Thistle and would be an absolute and total legend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I think Shea Gordon has played the equivalent in minutes of approximately 50 games for Thistle. Given that he scored twice in the first 9 minutes of his debut v Stenhousemuir, my calculation is that if he had maintained the same scoring rate he would now be sitting on 1000 goals for Thistle and would be an absolute and total legend.

And he'd be at Real Madrid with us getting a zillion quid for him.

1 minute ago, partickthedog said:

Stenhousemuir have been generous to Thistle in recent times.

Apart from Shea Gordon, they lost goals in the same game (July 2016) to Ade Azeez, Matthias Pogba, David Amoo and a Sean Welsh penalty during a period when we had more chance of winning the National Lottery than being awarded a penalty.

On 1/15/2022 at 12:21 AM, Barney Rubble said:

Stenhousemuir have been generous to Thistle in recent times.

Apart from Shea Gordon, they lost goals in the same game (July 2016) to Ade Azeez, Matthias Pogba, David Amoo and a Sean Welsh penalty during a period when we had more chance of winning the National Lottery than being awarded a penalty.

Sorry Barney, but his debut was in 2018.

2 goals in the first 9 minutes and we thought we were going to score a barrowload, but as usual we managed to hang in there and hold on for the 2-0 victory

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, joe the driver said:

Sorry Barney, but his debut was in 2018.

2 goals in the first 9 minutes and we thought we were going to score a barrowload, but as usual we managed to hang in there and hold on for the 2-0 victory

You are correct Joe - my post was worded poorly.

I didn't intend to suggest the Shea Gordon game was the same as the 4-1 game. Reading it back, I can see why my post would be interpreted that way.

Mea culpa.

59 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

Were you at the game caller

I was there. I am sure that it was the first competitive game of the season. It was in one of the cups. We started like an express train. Team gelled instantly. Two great moves ending with perfect Lampard-style runs and finishes by Gordon. It seemed that the sky was the limit for what this team, and in particular Gordon, could achieve.

The next 80 minutes were the most turgid watch in the history of the world. The fizz had departed from the champagne and flat reality soon set in for another season of struggle. 

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

I was there. I am sure that it was the first competitive game of the season. It was in one of the cups. We started like an express train. Team gelled instantly. Two great moves ending with perfect Lampard-style runs and finishes by Gordon. It seemed that the sky was the limit for what this team, and in particular Gordon, could achieve.

The next 80 minutes were the most turgid watch in the history of the world. The fizz had departed from the champagne and flat reality soon set in for another season of struggle. 

It was great while it lasted, tho'. :)

• Like 1

Great discussion! So looking to the future are there any rumours about anymore possible signings in this window.

What about Bobby Linn at Arbroath. Admittedly he is not a youngster but he is a left sided player and has a good left foot . He  appears to no longer be a first choice and  spends most of his time on the bench!

Recalling the 1-3 defeat at Firhill a few years ago he certainly gave our full back a torrid time. Might be worth a shout!