January Transfer Window

javeajag

35 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Raith board announcement.  They got it wrong; Badwillie won't play; the club will enter negotiations to cancel his contract. 

Who will he go to now? Falkirk?  Dundee must be an option- they don't have any morals or scruples. The Boris of Scottish football!!

I can see him returning to Clyde. Fans of most Clubs were vocally against him while the Clyde fans were mourning the loss of a "legend". 

39 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Raith board announcement.  They got it wrong; Badwillie won't play; the club will enter negotiations to cancel his contract. 

Who will he go to now? Falkirk?  Dundee must be an option- they don't have any morals or scruples. The Boris of Scottish football!!

Should imagine his contract will be paid up and he'll have little incentive to find another club until season 24/25. By that time he'll be I think 35 year old. Even without the baggage be by then of little interest to any club above Clyde's lowly status. 

I sincerely hope not but it could well be the case that Goodwillie walks away with wages paid up in full until June 2024. It's more than possible his agent foresaw all this furore and ensured his contract was watertight. Fingers crossed that ain't the case and Goodwillie (and maybe his agent?) aren't profiting from his notoriety.

I think Goodwillie's playing days are over. Whichever club takes him on now is just going to face the same questions Raith couldn't answer.

At Clyde he was flying under the radar but now he's so prominent in the press even Clyde won't be able to take him.

A jounalist looking for a headline would surely be going off to Clyde and asking why they signed him and let him play for so long. I think they have a few questions to answer.

Goodwillie seemingly never paid the civil court settlement to the victim. Raith could help themselves by refusing to pay Goodwillie's contract and diverting any money owed to her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Should imagine his contract will be paid up and he'll have little incentive to find another club until season 24/25. By that time he'll be I think 35 year old. Even without the baggage be by then of little interest to any club above Clyde's lowly status. 

I sincerely hope not but it could well be the case that Goodwillie walks away with wages paid up in full until June 2024. It's more than possible his agent foresaw all this furore and ensured his contract was watertight. Fingers crossed that ain't the case and Goodwillie (and maybe his agent?) aren't profiting from his notoriety.

That will cost Raith and they still need to find a striker to replace him. Not cheap

• Like 1

2 hours ago, laukat said:

I think Goodwillie's playing days are over. Whichever club takes him on now is just going to face the same questions Raith couldn't answer.

At Clyde he was flying under the radar but now he's so prominent in the press even Clyde won't be able to take him.

A jounalist looking for a headline would surely be going off to Clyde and asking why they signed him and let him play for so long. I think they have a few questions to answer.

Goodwillie seemingly never paid the civil court settlement to the victim. Raith could help themselves by refusing to pay Goodwillie's contract and diverting any money owed to her.

I think someone on Pie and Bovril said Goodwillie declared himself bankrupt. I don't recall him doing this at the time. I do recall though an article suggesting that most of the award (£100000) would be eaten up by legal fees. This surprised me at the time as I understood the losing parties (Goodwillie & Robertson) would have had the cost of fees awarded against them as well as compensation to the victim.

I think Clyde would take him back in the blink of an eye! The shitfest they would face will be an external one. What moved Raith Rovers was the flak from people connected to the club.

2 hours ago, Fearchar said:

Raith Rovers must now surely be looking to replace the board and the manager, if they are to show a measure of contrition.

Agreed - they failed to act in the best interests of the club.

4 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I think Falkirk are a an honest  Club. They apparently discussed signing Goodwillie but quickly pulled  back because of the possible impact signing him would have on their standing as a community based club.

Your right about Dunee being an option. I have no time for this bunch of back stabbers and one look at the SPL table shows exactly why they would consider such a signing. Hopefully they will have learned from the Storm Goodwillie that hit Raith Rovers in the past 48 hours.

I hope that this is the last we ever hear of this person playing for any team at all. No matter what standard / level they played at any team signing him would deserve every bit of flak they would get. Just a pity he managed to play so long at Clyde and still call himself a professional footballer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Nothing like a good bit of mob rule. Do you want to see him boiled in oil as well? If rovers were silly enough to sign him on a two and a half year contract then that is not his fault 

15 minutes ago, ironfist said:

Nothing like a good bit of mob rule. Do you want to see him boiled in oil as well? If rovers were silly enough to sign him on a two and a half year contract then that is not his fault 

The real problem is that Goodwillie never showed any remorse or contrition to what he done to the female involved. 

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

The real problem is that Goodwillie never showed any remorse or contrition to what he done to the female involved. 

And by declaring bankrupt means the victim didn’t receive a penny of her court award but still had the legal expenses 

And if Raith pay up his contract in full he will end up a relatively rich man.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

And by declaring bankrupt means the victim didn’t receive a penny of her court award but still had the legal expenses 

Indeed. Meanwhile he moaned about having a small house and a crap car. He is either too thick to understand what he done or his arrogance is that he done no wrong and the lassie was ' asking ' for it.

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good bit of predjudice.. £250k of legal fees is the reason she didn’t get any compensation. Sure the solicitors feathering their nests are not losing any sleep..

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/shamed-footballers-david-goodwillie-and-david-robertson-dodge-rape-victim-denise-clairs-100000-compensation-claim/

3 hours ago, ironfist said:

Of course it's not his fault he was offered a two and half year contract. Just would prefer to hear he doesn't profit from Raith's stupidity.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

I said protesting this particular transfer. He has been playing in Scottish football for 5 years since his conviction.

Because a famous author (don’t ask me to spell her name) brought it into the public domain. Nobody noticed when he went to Clyde so it was under the radar.

Edit - but if Clyde try to bring him back, just watch the flack he will get. No chance him playing in Scotland again now.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

He has never been convicted of rape in a criminal court. The standard of evidence for a civil case is different and the decision was made by one judge on the balance of probability rather than a jury agreeing beyond reasonable doubt. Can’t help but think that the scenario is maybe not a million miles away from the accusations levelled at ciaran McKenna once upon a time. He said consensual, she said not…..should we punish him forever more too?

Edited by ironfist