January Transfer Window

javeajag

1 hour ago, laukat said:

St Johnstone agreed a transfer fee with Livi for Forrest but Forrest rejected the move. Can't see us being able to get him this window if a transfer fee is involved however it did cross my mind that we might be able to agree a PCA with him.

Agreed would have been great if we could sign Forrest but cant see it unfortunately

So summing up the previous comments the view seems to be leaning towards the conclusion that  IMC has not done too badly with his signings  and loan covers.

With reference to the perfect manager with the perfect signing record my thoughts turned to the person many  pundits and experts  consider to be the most successful manager in the modern era- Alex Ferguson.

He signed a number of turkeys including his pal from Aberdeen, Jim Leighton, then there was Jordi Cruyff!

I will let others offer up more Fergie duds!

37 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

So summing up the previous comments the view seems to be leaning towards the conclusion that  IMC has not done too badly with his signings  and loan covers.

With reference to the perfect manager with the perfect signing record my thoughts turned to the person many  pundits and experts  consider to be the most successful manager in the modern era- Alex Ferguson.

He signed a number of turkeys including his pal from Aberdeen, Jim Leighton, then there was Jordi Cruyff!

Sean McGinty?

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

A couple to add to Fergies worst; the Raphael brothers (who he couldn’t tell apart) and the allegedly homeless lad from South America who many claimed was the new Pele (he wasn’t). 

2 hours ago, sandy said:

A couple to add to Fergies worst; the Raphael brothers (who he couldn’t tell apart) and the allegedly homeless lad from South America who many claimed was the new Pele (he wasn’t). 

Are you thinking of Bebe? He was dumped in a Lisbon care home as a child. Not a success at Man U.

Also Kleberson & Diego Forlan.  You could add appointing David Moyes as his successor. 

57 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Are you thinking of Bebe? He was dumped in a Lisbon care home as a child. Not a success at Man U.

Also Kleberson & Diego Forlan.  You could add appointing David Moyes as his successor. 

He was unlucky with Forlan, who just did everything but score. Was a very good player who scored many goals before and after United - I seem to remember??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Bebe was the one. A bit harsh on Moyes, he’s a good manager but wasn’t given time 

51 minutes ago, elevenone said:

His goalscoring stats and injuries both off and on the park don’t fill me with excitement .  Hopefully a good few bob too if this comes to pass.

A shoulder problem has kept him out this season and he’s started just two league matches. In two seasons, Jakubiak has made 15 appearances, scoring one goal.

Dundee forward Alex Jakubiak on verge of Dens exit as deal for Partick Thistle striker Zak Rudden edges nearer (thecourier.co.uk)

The following rumours seem to be doing the round, no idea how likely they are:

Jukubiak on loan as part of the Rudden move

Kyle McAllister from St Mirren - This looks like its dependant on St Mirren getting Jordon Jones from Wigan as part of Wigan buying McGrath from St Mirren

Lee Erwin from St Mirren

McAllister could well fit the bill as the winger we need so of all of those he's the one I would like to get over the line.

Could be an interesting day ahead