January Transfer Window

javeajag

Heard a rumor that we are getting a striker in on loan from a league one team.. no idea how accurate this is and even less of an idea who it could possibly be.

Hopefully Megginson has been convinced he should give full time football a go before his career is over anything else would be very underwhelming

edited to add Morrison from Falkirk would be good, heard he fell out with the coaching team and they have Griffiths now.

Edited by jaggymct

2 minutes ago, jaggymct said:

Heard a rumor that we are getting a striker in on loan from a league one team.. no idea how accurate this is and even less of an idea who it could possibly be.

Hopefully Megginson has been convinced he should give full time football a go before his career is over anything else would be very underwhelming

Not that it’s likely but Anton Dowd would be ok

9 minutes ago, jaggymct said:

edited to add Morrison from Falkirk would be good, heard he fell out with the coaching team and they have Griffiths now.

Can't see how there's a striker a League One club would willingly want to loan out that would be much use to us this season. Can only imagine it would have to be a player that has fallen out with his club. Even then he'd have to be an OK guy with a genuine grievance. Other than that it's a "one for the future" youngster and that wouldn't really meet our current needs. 

32 minutes ago, jaggymct said:

Would be delighted if its Morrison.  He can play as both a winger and a striker.  Theres real potential there and unfortunately for his development he has been held back by a series of pretty awful managers at his club.  I think someone like McCall could get the best out of him

6 hours ago, jaggymct said:

Peterhead top scorer Russell McLean on bench for tonight's Cup tie. Maybe him?

24 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Peterhead top scorer Russell McLean on bench for tonight's Cup tie. Maybe him?

The only thing that would surprise me there though is surely financially Peterhead would want to get through to the next round and would not likely agree to our request to put him on the bench when I’m guessing they are doing us the favour of loaning him to us?

but I’m only guessing 

Looked at the Peterhead penalty claim and like everyone else on this thread cannot believe Munro didn't award a penalty.

I read a few years ago  that the referee's supervisor said Scottish Referees were VG and punching above their weight.

In my time watching football our referees for at least 10 years have been awful and couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag. The current bunch are definitely the poorest!