January Transfer Window

javeajag

3 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Derek Adams in the mix too after being sacked by Bradford.  :D

Saw that earlier. Think he'll be very much in the mix.

Not wanting to take anything away from Big Wull, but plastering the Firhill changing room with photos of Derek Adams should be incentive enough for our players to perform for their present manager.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just when I've got Adams out of my system, he turns up again! Watching his Ross County team was like watching slow drying paint refusing to dry. Does anyone else remember a match at Firhill when they went 1-up and soon after got a free-kick just on half-way near the dugouts? The player looked up and battered the ball up the park for a goal kick.

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Saw that earlier. Think he'll be very much in the mix.

Not wanting to take anything away from Big Wull, but plastering the Firhill changing room with photos of Derek Adams should be incentive enough for our players to perform for their present manager.

Or to look for a different ground with better football pitch and no photos of Derek Adams

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Strange one in the sense that they let him do transfer dealings on deadline day (Zak etc) then they go win at Hearts in league and then follow that with making quarters in cup.

Dundee FC are a standing joke. Cheats and lies over the e-mail that was sent, then it wasn't sent. Liars and cheats. Zak, now wondering about who will be his new boss( McCall?. )

Anyone watching Peterhead v Dundee with the sound down would have been pushed to say what the gap between the teams was. Peterhead were really unlucky on the night but, as we found out to our cost, clubs from a higher division always seem to find a goal from somewhere - even if they're being matched/outplayed. Probably that's why they are in the higher league!

10 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

Anyone watching Peterhead v Dundee with the sound down would have been pushed to say what the gap between the teams was. Peterhead were really unlucky on the night but, as we found out to our cost, clubs from a higher division always seem to find a goal from somewhere - even if they're being matched/outplayed. Probably that's why they are in the higher league!

It helps when the referee gives Dundee a penalty( rightly so) , but denies Peterhead a stonewaller!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Dundee FC are a standing joke. Cheats and lies over the e-mail that was sent, then it wasn't sent. Liars and cheats. Zak, now wondering about who will be his new boss( McCall?. )

Mark Mcghee the fav for Dundee job which is rather funny and a sprinkling of karma if true.

4 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

An unbelievably bad move for Zak Rudden as most people could see Mcpake  getting the sack.

Not sure who Zak’s agent is but he should be sacked along  with whoever sanctioned Zak’s loan deal to Dundee.

Still disappointed we’ve shown no ambition to get ourselves promoted when there isn’t any great team within the top 4

IMO it was there for us if we wanted it 

36 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Still disappointed we’ve shown no ambition to get ourselves promoted when there isn’t any great team within the top 4

IMO it was there for us if we wanted it 

What makes you think that? What would you have wanted done more? I can't think of any potential players we should have gone after

20 minutes ago, jaggy said:

What makes you think that? What would you have wanted done more? I can't think of any potential players we should have gone after

We should have gone after Jack Hamilton on loan- we know what he is capable of.

would have liked to have seen us try to sign Callum Morrison 

Both of them would have helped us with our attacking options 

• Like 1

Just now, Third Lanark said:

We should have gone after Jack Hamilton on loan- we know what he is capable of.

would have liked to have seen us try to sign Callum Morrison 

Both of them would have helped us with our attacking options 

This , Arbroath replaced Nouble and O’Dowd with Wighton and Hamilton and kept their promotion aspirations on course .

Killie signed Kyle Lafferty who will probably help them win the League 

At this moment we haven’t replaced  Zak Rudden, I would have gone for Nathan Austin as a replacement.

Stand by what I said , shown no ambition to win this League.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Do you really think we’re going to get automatic promotion  with the squad we’ve got ?

unlikely but I still don't know who we could realistically have gone for. I've no idea what our finances are like but I would imagine Lafferty would have been way out of our budget. Players mentioned like Austin or Morrison would have needed a transfer fee. Arbroath seem to have gotten Hamilton as a direct replacement for Nouble, so maybe some agreement they had with Livvy. We got Jakubiak for Rudden, whether it's like for like remains to be seen. We've also still to see if McAllister will make an impression

15 minutes ago, jaggy said:

unlikely but I still don't know who we could realistically have gone for. I've no idea what our finances are like but I would imagine Lafferty would have been way out of our budget. Players mentioned like Austin or Morrison would have needed a transfer fee. Arbroath seem to have gotten Hamilton as a direct replacement for Nouble, so maybe some agreement they had with Livvy. We got Jakubiak for Rudden, whether it's like for like remains to be seen. We've also still to see if McAllister will make an impression

Jakubiak isn’t a replacement for Zak Rudden , absolutely not proven at all as his record shows circa 20 goals in 8 years and into the bargain he goes back to his parent club ( Dundee )

If he is a success why on earth are we developing him for Dundee ?

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

This , Arbroath replaced Nouble and O’Dowd with Wighton and Hamilton and kept their promotion aspirations on course .

Killie signed Kyle Lafferty who will probably help them win the League 

At this moment we haven’t replaced  Zak Rudden, I would have gone for Nathan Austin as a replacement.

Stand by what I said , shown no ambition to win this League.

There's no way we could afford Austin. That is pay a transfer fee and better his present wage.

10 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

There's no way we could afford Austin. That is pay a transfer fee and better his present wage.

Not sure about that , part time with Kelty just now and a delivery driver during the day .

Think the biggest thing is whether he wants to go full time again , undoubtedly he could play at an even higher level than PTFC and if we were interested that should be our Sales Pitch .