January Transfer Window

javeajag

1 minute ago, laukat said:

McGhee as Dundee manager must be some sort of mistake?

Maybe Dundee's email saying "No" to McGhee was never recieved by McGhee and so they ended up saying "Yes" to him by default?

Strachan's mate. So maybe not such a surprise. Jobs for the boys. Scottish football. It's wonderful for the banter.

21 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Strachan's mate. So maybe not such a surprise. Jobs for the boys. Scottish football. It's wonderful for the banter.

IIRC McGhee was Strachan's assistant in the Scotland job. Seems the old boys network was busy over the last few weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

Good now that Dundee are bang in trouble we should all support Aberdeen's interest in Goodwin. If he goes to Aberdeen that should be enough to knock St Mirren off track this season and relegation next season.

I’d quite happily see Aberdeen relegated though - they voted against us in the 10,000 seater debacle as they knew fine well they were getting a whole load of dosh from Caley to groundshare.  Then also quite happily demoted us during the Season ending suddenly a couple of years ago.

they have done far worse to us than St Mirren have 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I’d quite happily see Aberdeen relegated though - they voted against us in the 10,000 seater debacle as they knew fine well they were getting a whole load of dosh from Caley to groundshare.  Then also quite happily demoted us during the Season ending suddenly a couple of years ago.

they have done far worse to us than St Mirren have 

As I live in Aberdeen I would have a field day especially if Thistle done it through the play offs.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

This , Arbroath replaced Nouble and O’Dowd with Wighton and Hamilton and kept their promotion aspirations on course .

Killie signed Kyle Lafferty who will probably help them win the League 

At this moment we haven’t replaced  Zak Rudden, I would have gone for Nathan Austin as a replacement.

Stand by what I said , shown no ambition to win this League.

I don’t think we are good enough to win it

16 hours ago, sandy said:

I don’t think we are good enough to win it

We have the exact same number if players now as we did going into the January window as we have now (we may have 1 less).

I don’t believe for a second particularly with a large number of games in a very short period of time that Ian McCall did not hope to significantly strengthen the squad.  Which leaves me seriously wondering if the club is really really skint currently and there’s been no money for him to be able to add other than a bare minimum 

10 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

We have the exact same number if players now as we did going into the January window as we have now (we may have 1 less).

I don’t believe for a second particularly with a large number of games in a very short period of time that Ian McCall did not hope to significantly strengthen the squad.  Which leaves me seriously wondering if the club is really really skint currently and there’s been no money for him to be able to add other than a bare minimum 

Wouldn't be the least surprised if that's the case and if so i sincerely hope the use of the word "currently" is accurate. Getting in that extra player(s) to challenge for the top spot could be construed as speculating to accumulate. Others will see not taking the gamble as the Club lacking ambition. If we do add to the player pool it may be thru a loan from a bigger club who'll pay the lions share of the wage. That would mean in reality a "one for the future" youngster. 

I'd suggest the loss of income from home matches moving from Saturday to midweek coupled with monies required for pitch improvement will have shifted the goalposts somewhat (npi). There's also the current transitional ownership situation to be taken into consideration. Transfer to fan ownership hopefully carried out with the Club in the black and no cash flow issues.