January Transfer Window

javeajag

On 2/19/2022 at 9:18 AM, elevenone said:

And Scott Brown tipped to be St Mirren manager.  What a double whammy for St Mirren fans.  :lol:

Naismith (youth coach at Hearts and part of the Scottish International coaching team) to be interviewed by St Mirren.

If I were a Saints fan and it was a choice from these  these two it would be Naismith for me!

2 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Naismith (youth coach at Hearts and part of the Scottish International coaching team) to be interviewed by St Mirren.

If I were a Saints fan and it was a choice from these  these two it would be Naismith for me!

Go for experience Saints.....Tommy Wright must be looking for his next gig!

Edited by fifexile
Typo

4 hours ago, fifexile said:

Go for experience Saints.....Tommy Wright must be looking for his next gig!

He didn't turn out to be the safe pair of hands the pundits said he would prove to be when his appointment was announced.

When he left St Johnstone he said he was going to take a year out. Given his experience at Killie he might want to revert to plan A.

2 hours ago, exiledjag said:

He didn't turn out to be the safe pair of hands the pundits said he would prove to be when his appointment was announced.

When he left St Johnstone he said he was going to take a year out. Given his experience at Killie he might want to revert to plan A.

He’s Mr ante- football.

On 2/19/2022 at 9:18 AM, elevenone said:

And Scott Brown tipped to be St Mirren manager.  What a double whammy for St Mirren fans.  :lol:

To be fair, Brown is not a footballer I admire, but he is the type that could make a decent manager. I would rather give him a go than one of the usual failed suspects from the merry-go-round.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

To be fair, Brown is not a footballer I admire, but he is the type that could make a decent manager. I would rather give him a go than one of the usual failed suspects from the merry-go-round.

Goodwin wasn't a footballer I admired either, so valid point. Not that I care but I think it better for young managers to start their career lower down the divisions. If they can't hack it there then they're unlikely to be a success in the top tier. Find out in this instance if Brown is another "Goodwin" or a "Peter Grant" (yet another footballer I didn't admire).

21 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Goodwin wasn't a footballer I admired either, so valid point. Not that I care but I think it better for young managers to start their career lower down the divisions. If they can't hack it there then they're unlikely to be a success in the top tier. Find out in this instance if Brown is another "Goodwin" or a "Peter Grant" (yet another footballer I didn't admire).

Was McCall a footballer you admired ?

(I still don't like him as a a manager)

• Like 1