Dunfermline cup game.

Auld Jag

1 hour ago, Odd Fellows said:

Stream didn’t start until a minute after kickoff and it is the worst I have seen totally stutter and I have top end connection and equipment. Previously our coverage has been really good what’s going? 

I watched on hotel WiFi in Finland and it buffered a couple's of times but generally ok. The stream started during the applause for Bertie.

Great finish by Doc, worthy of winning any game. Defence never really troubled but mom for me was Banzo, I thought he had a great game

Purchased the stream to watch on the tv but got as far as a white box with the 2 club logos and a play button which greyed out every time the cursor  entered the box. Tried on my ipad but kept buffering and then going to audio only. Eventually got it on a laptop. Any IT experts explain why I couldn’t get in to the stream on the tv? Wasn’t too happy with the hassle but very happy with the result!

2 minutes ago, SteppsJag said:

Purchased the stream to watch on the tv but got as far as a white box with the 2 club logos and a play button which greyed out every time the cursor  entered the box. Tried on my ipad but kept buffering and then going to audio only. Eventually got it on a laptop. Any IT experts explain why I couldn’t get in to the stream on the tv? Wasn’t too happy with the hassle but very happy with the result!

Did you tick the t&c's box before clicking play?

Thought we played well despite the windy conditions which ironically forced us into playing better most of the game on the ground rather than speculative punts up front .Good interplay between Hendrie and Tiffoney causing Dunfermline problems in the second half especially after Rudden came off .

Edited by Anniesland Jag

40 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I watched on hotel WiFi in Finland and it buffered a couple's of times but generally ok. The stream started during the applause for Bertie.

Great finish by Doc, worthy of winning any game. Defence never really troubled but mom for me was Banzo, I thought he had a great game

I don’t think Banzo lost the ball once all game - he is such an intelligent footballer who would have played at a much higher level had it not been for that freak injury at Tynecastle!

Speaking of higher levels, how is Akinola playing in the Scottish Championship? His positioning, reading of the game and timing of the tackle are outstanding 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Poor first half, much improved second half and a great goal from Docherty, on to the next round of the cup. Congratulations to Jamie Sneddon, first keeper in Thistle history to keep 7 consecutive clean sheets. :happy2: :fan:

I agree Jamie deserves great credit but so do the guys playing in front of him who have so much more to do and do it really well. As a result Jamie could probably have read a book over the last few games.
Akinola,, Holt, Mayo, McKenna, Foster, Docherty, Bannigan have been terrific in protecting play. Even Graham coming back for corners and Rudden closing down defenders from setting up play. Really impressive team consistency in helping everyone out and playing as a unit. :clapping:

The much maligned MacIver can be credited with the assist for the goal.

Hendrie was also much better than in his first performance. Tiffoney kept going at them all game with some unbelievable close control. He doesn't just beat players. He eliminates them from the game.

Docherty seemed to have an inbuilt anemometer as his judgment of wind speed was perfect. He was always in the right place to receive the ball when it came down from the sky and used the same skill to place his shot beyond the keeper and let it dip into the goal.

37 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

I agree Jamie deserves great credit but so do the guys playing in front of him who have so much more to do and do it really well. As a result Jamie could probably have read a book over the last few games.
Akinola,, Holt, Mayo, McKenna, Foster, Docherty, Bannigan have been terrific in protecting play. Even Graham coming back for corners and Rudden closing down defenders from setting up play. Really impressive team consistency in helping everyone out and playing as a unit. :clapping:

Agree, as others have said Sneddon didn't have much to do tonight, although he did struggle with a couple of corners in the first few minutes. Very good all round team performances has helped Jamie get the record. Even when we don't play to our best, we are still managing to get a positive result from games.

Another hard fought victory...and that it a very impressive defensive record over the last few weeks...well done to Jamie Sneddon but to be honest he has had not too much to do in most of the games I've seen...Akinola again looked like a proper defender and Holt was solid.  Dunfermline were quite slick in the first 15 minutes but thereafter never really looked like scoring.

A strong blustery wind and a bumpy pitch does not assist quick passing football - I dread to think what the playing surface will be like later in the season. It's a bit churlish to be a little underwhelmed by the way the team is performing notwithstanding the decent results but only when Tiffoney gets the ball is there any real excitement. Smith was once more fairly anonymous and although Hendrie improved a bit later on, he didn't provide the much needed drive from full-back.

We did press Dunfermline well and there was always the chance that we would nick possession if they dallied on the ball...Docherty then hit a perfect chip for a superb goal.

Our Cup Record is absolutely deplorable so it was something of a relief to get through to the next round.

I’m sure that wee Bertie will be smoking on a celestial cigar as that was a typical Bertie performance. I really think that his time at Firhill, attracted a lot  of what was in my view decidedly unwarranted criticism. In my opinion he definitely merited being mentioned in the same breath as Lambie and MacParland and that is no that bad company he’s keeping!

• Like 3