Dunfermline cup game.

Auld Jag

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

What wouldn’t be boring ? The choice is a diddy team, a team we always play or a team that will gub us. 

edit to add, or Ross County who would be all 3.

Any new team we have not played before (or we have not played with fans present) would have been excellent, especially an away tie to a league side whose ground I have not yet visited (eg Kelty or Edinburgh City or Cove). 

6 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

A final meeting would be better

Since we've entered the world of fantasy, a final victory would be better still.  

Has the potential to be a great cup tie v Airdrie. They're going well just 2 points off the top of league 1 - and they might still feel peeved at losing the last time they came to Firhill and want to put one over us. Could be a really meaty cup time. 

11 hours ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Was hoping for a Dundee or St Mirren at home…big crowd and a good reality check for any Premiership level aspirations we may have .

Call me mercenary,  but I was hoping for an away tie at one of the uglies, and a good and ,  badly needed, payday.   

Maybe the next round!

1 hour ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Tunji Akinola named in the SPFL team of the week again.  :worship:

I'm a bit surprised that the SPFL have included the Scottish Cup players in their team  as its an SFA competition ?

Screenshot_20211201-071418_Chrome.jpg

Not surprised that the SPFL would make up the rules as they go along, to be honest.

1 hour ago, delurker said:

Not surprised that the SPFL would make up the rules as they go along, to be honest.

If I was the sponsor of the Scottish Cup I wouldn't be too pleased to put it mildly but of course there is no commercial sponsor. Even at that what's wrong with Maxwell getting off his arse and earning some incremental income? The ACME Ltd Team of the Round? The ACME Ltd Player of the Round? etc. Okay, such income wouldn't necessarily amount to much but it would at least take a few quid off Maxwell's overblown salary.

If I was involved with cinch marketing I'd be getting a pat on the back, as the background is clearly cinch marketing colouring. Kinda akin to product placement. 

• Like 1