v Queen of the South

exiledjag

If you can't win then don't lose. There is always a team you struggle against regardless of how they are doing and it seems it is QoS for us. Only 3 points off the top and with 2 home games coming up - let's hope the weather is decent between now and next Saturday. Women's League Cup Final at Firhill tomorrow and the Queens Park game today only went ahead after a pitch inspection (spare a thought for Falkirk, first time back at Firhill since we beat them 5-0 and Queens Park beat them 6-0).

10 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

If you can't win then don't lose. There is always a team you struggle against regardless of how they are doing and it seems it is QoS for us. Only 3 points off the top and with 2 home games coming up - let's hope the weather is decent between now and next Saturday. Women's League Cup Final at Firhill tomorrow and the Queens Park game today only went ahead after a pitch inspection (spare a thought for Falkirk, first time back at Firhill since we beat them 5-0 and Queens Park beat them 6-0).

Queens are becoming a bit of a bogey team for us so am quite happy with the point and clean sheet.I’m sure we’ll play worse and win as the season unfolds .

10 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Think this will be a tight game, but surface may suit us. I don’t see us conceding a goal but we may struggle to break them down as I think they’ll park bus, heart says 1 or 2 nil,  my head says 0-0. I actually think all 4 games will be a draw today

Nostradamusthistle?

Edited by Barney Rubble

Every team in this league is fighting for something, either promotion or get away from the relegation area. As from about an hour or so ago that is 4 teams out of the bottom 5 sacked their manager. We now have 2 big games at Firhill, let's hope we can pick up 6 points from these games and cement our place in the top 4, but it won't be easy.

2 hours ago, dl1971 said:

For a 0 0 that was a decent game. Draw a fair result overall. We move on. Oh another clean sheet! 

Agreeing with all that. Our previous run of 0-0 games was a bit flat. Today there was good effort and commitment all round, and a decent attempt made to win the game. Equally, it could have gone the other way. So no complaints from me.

36 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

What was the weather like and did it impact on the game.

Weather was windy and rainy, but I think that the surface had more effect on the game than the weather. In the first half we could not read the speed of the surface and numerous through balls (which might have been very good on grass) ran away from our forwards either into the hands of the keeper or over the bye-line.

In the second half, the wind was slightly against us and that seemed to help, as I do not recall so many balls running away. 

However, it was never an Arbroath-style raging tempest. It was still possible to play good passing football, which we did manage at times. However, both team were pressing hard, which made it very difficult for anyone on either side to settle on the ball.

4 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Weather was windy and rainy, but I think that the surface had more effect on the game than the weather. In the first half we could not read the speed of the surface and numerous through balls (which might have been very good on grass) ran away from our forwards either into the hands of the keeper or over the bye-line.

In the second half, the wind was slightly against us and that seemed to help, as I do not recall so many balls running away. 

However, it was never an Arbroath-style raging tempest. It was still possible to play good passing football, which we did manage at times. However, both team were pressing hard, which made it very difficult for anyone on either side to settle on the ball.

Thanks gor this.

38 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Another clean sheet and breaking our own record…however, does anyone know how that stacks up in terms of Scottish or indeed World records ?

A very quick Google search brings up Edwin van der Sar with 14 consecutive clean sheets in competitive matches for the 2008/09 season. 

Jamie, the record's there for the taking!!

22 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Thanks FT.

Any idea why a pitch inspection was needed for Firhill yesterday?

Didn't look too bad on the highlights.

I'm up for two games this month and hoping they will be on.

Cheers

Cotter

One for the archivists/stattos.

I am wondering if there is another Thistle record in the course of being broken, namely consecutive games without a score draw. I think that I am right in saying that our last score draw was 2-2 away to Cove in the third last game of last season. Since then there have not been any score draws in the League, all cups and official friendlies. We have of course had 4 nil-nils and the rest have been won or lost.