Declaration of Arbroath

partickthedog

Hopefully Thistle will get a statement victory tomorrow, against opponents who normally make it very difficult for us.

My main reason for starting this match thread was to ask fellow forumites for some help. In quick summary, before the game tomorrow I am picking up a couple of Junior Jags Christmas goody bags for my young grand-daughters. The Junior Jags person kindly emailed to say that the person with the bags would be "standing at the press door".

When I emailed back to ask where the press door was, no reply came! Can anyone more knowledgeable than me on the different parts of the stadium (I have only been attending for 25 years) tell me where the press door is? Are we talking Jackie Husband Stand, Main Stand or what?

Many thanks to anyone who can help!

8 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Hopefully Thistle will get a statement victory tomorrow, against opponents who normally make it very difficult for us.

My main reason for starting this match thread was to ask fellow forumites for some help. In quick summary, before the game tomorrow I am picking up a couple of Junior Jags Christmas goody bags for my young grand-daughters. The Junior Jags person kindly emailed to say that the person with the bags would be "standing at the press door".

When I emailed back to ask where the press door was, no reply came! Can anyone more knowledgeable than me on the different parts of the stadium (I have only been attending for 25 years) tell me where the press door is? Are we talking Jackie Husband Stand, Main Stand or what?

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/junior-jags-christmas-goody-bag-collection/

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Its just to the right hand side to the main entrance to the  J.H.S.    Big game tomorrow a  six   pointer if there ever was one...............

Edited by Jimmy McD

52 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Thank you for this. I did receive an email from the Junior Jags saying the same thing. However it was not clear whether the Junior Jags reps would be outside the JHS, which would have been fine, or inside the JHS, which would have given me a slight problem as my season ticket is for the John Lambie Stand. It was when I emailed for clarification that I was told about the other Junior Jags person who would be outside the mysterious press door!

34 minutes ago, scotty said:

So it's press as in media types, no a wee cupboard?

At first I thought that it might be a "press door", in the sense that you pressed a button and it opened. I had visions of the Lord of the Rings and "Speak, Friend and Enter", and could see myself vainly uttering elvish incantations in the hope of the door swinging wide to let me in.

This is going to be a big test, but 4 points out of 6 is probably a bit ambitious. Although we have been getting results, I don't think that we have been playing particularly well. ICT, Dunfermline and QotS could all have beaten us on another day and at some point our luck will run out. I also think that a savvy team (like Arbroath or Raith) will find it relatively easy to stop Tiffoney, and that kills 80% of our attacking options. I'd also have concerns about the state of the pitch which, at best, will be heavy, and probably cut up easily. I'd be happy to see a 0-0 draw today

11 hours ago, partickthedog said:

At first I thought that it might be a "press door", in the sense that you pressed a button and it opened. I had visions of the Lord of the Rings and "Speak, Friend and Enter", and could see myself vainly uttering elvish incantations in the hope of the door swinging wide to let me in.

Arbroath beat us 3-1 the last time I saw them play us at Firhill. We were totally out-played.

It felt like I was sitting in the Halls of Moria.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

This is going to be a big test, but 4 points out of 6 is probably a bit ambitious. Although we have been getting results, I don't think that we have been playing particularly well. ICT, Dunfermline and QotS could all have beaten us on another day and at some point our luck will run out. I also think that a savvy team (like Arbroath or Raith) will find it relatively easy to stop Tiffoney, and that kills 80% of our attacking options. I'd also have concerns about the state of the pitch which, at best, will be heavy, and probably cut up easily. I'd be happy to see a 0-0 draw today

Your probably right re the above especially about not playing particularly well.

However as I said in another thread if the team  actually turns up tomorrow and has the right attitude (an AuldJag phrase) there is no reason why we can't win despite the bogy nature of Arbroath on the Jags.

From a footballing sense we need two things to happen. The defence/midfield must get a grip of McKenna and the referee must keep an eye on the two Arbroath central defenders.

IMO they kick everything that moves, Graham in particular, and get away with it!

37 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We should not fear these teams.

Caley were the only superior team to us. We should not go out with your attitude, otherwise we’ll get beat.

Fire into them ffs!

Today's game is the first of 3 that once we have played them we could have a better idea of where we will be come the end of the season. It will be a very tough game and our defence will need to be at their best as McKenna and Nouble will be their danger men, we cannot afford any more mistakes like we did at Arbroath in August. Up front any chances that come our way we will need to take, be in similar form to our recent away game at Hamilton. As usual the first goal will be very important. The state of the pitch will also play a big part. C'mon Thistle. :fan:

The only surprise is it isn’t more than one. It’s been coming since early in the game. Arbroath by far the better team and they also possess a physicality throughout their team we badly lack. Sneddon will be disappointed with the goal. Big test for us in the second half

Edited by JAG1970

2 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Arbroath are tough and probably merit their lead. Most uncomfortable our defence have been for weeks.

Strangely loss of a goal may be a relief. We need to adopt a more positive style of game rather than try to out-Arbroath Arbroath.

Arbroath definitely merit their lead. We’re fortunate it’s only one