Raith Rovers

Lambies Lost Doo

23 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I remember his first game for us. Although we lost 3-2 at home to Ayr he had a really good debut and looked like a good signing. Rapidly downhill after that for us and also did next to nothing when he went to Ayr. Once again Raith Rovers get the best out of a player that Thistle and some other teams couldn't.

Was there also, I remember most of the crowd in the JLS standing to get a better view of his first inspired run down the right cutting Ayr open thinking he was the real deal …sadly, as you say it didn’t happen for us .

Perhaps McGlynn and Zanatta have that chemistry you just can’t bottle .

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

If the weather today is not an advert for summer football.  ie freezing fog in the north of Glasgow then I don't know what is.If it wasn't for the football I would not be out today...Merry Christmas to all Jags fans..

It’s 6 degrees and positively balmy in the West End :fan:.

1 hour ago, p12tfc said:

It is completely about results. Would you take 36 dire 1-0 wins? Of course you would

Exactly. We were dire against ICT, Dunfermline and QotS and didn’t get the result and don’t mention Arbroath. If these had all been dire 1-0 wins instead of just dire, we would be top and not 5th. 

I suspect McCall’s team talk is something like “I know it didn’t work  last week but let’s try the same again”

1 hour ago, Jimmy McD said:

If the weather today is not an advert for summer football.  ie freezing fog in the north of Glasgow then I don't know what is.If it wasn't for the football I would not be out today...Merry Christmas to all Jags fans..

You don't know how lucky you are.

I would love to and was supposed to be at the game today.

It's great walking to Firhill in any weather but I always liked it better on a day like today. Somehow Summer football has a falseness about it for me.

I'm glad to say that both The Charlatans and Deacon Blue done the right thing and postponed their gigs this weekend, which made the decision to not travel much easier.

Was really looking forward to today and it 'could' be a cracker.

Having said that, my only other recollection of a Raith game was a 0-0 bore draw in the late 80's I think.

We hit the bar in the first seconds before I got in the ground. I heard it though. The only other highlight, if you can call it that, was a massive Buster Blood Vessel type Raith 'fan', with no top on and loads of tattoos, shouting 'Raith' at the top of his voice, next to the Thistle fans on the City End terracing. We were all terrified I'm sure.

Anyone else remember that or was it just a feeling?

I'm sure he'd got no brains, as he certainly wasn't walking in the sunshine with a special brew.

Enjoy the game everyone. 

3 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

You don't know how lucky you are.

I would love to and was supposed to be at the game today.

It's great walking to Firhill in any weather but I always liked it better on a day like today. Somehow Summer football has a falseness about it for me.

I'm glad to say that both The Charlatans and Deacon Blue done the right thing and postponed their gigs this weekend, which made the decision to not travel much easier.

Was really looking forward to today and it 'could' be a cracker.

Having said that, my only other recollection of a Raith game was a 0-0 bore draw in the late 80's I think.

We hit the bar in the first seconds before I got in the ground. I heard it though. The only other highlight, if you can call it that, was a massive Buster Blood Vessel type Raith 'fan', with no top on and loads of tattoos, shouting 'Raith' at the top of his voice, next to the Thistle fans on the City End terracing. We were all terrified I'm sure.

Anyone else remember that or was it just a feeling?

I'm sure he'd got no brains, as he certainly wasn't walking in the sunshine with a special brew.

Enjoy the game everyone. 

so didn’t travel due to music being cancelled FFS , What about the game FFS 

4 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

I would go with a 4-2-1-3

Sneddon

Foster,Akinola,Mayo,Holt

Bannigan,Docherty

Turner 

Smith, Tiffoney,Rudden.

I would go with this but have Graham in for Smith. Really like where you have Turner as I have suggested this for sometime now.

If we really go for this today , that is, front foot and right attitude  we can win.

Seems to be very high press with Banzo and Doc prominent. Does their goalkeeper have an injury as his kicking seems to be very weak?

Much better showing than v Arbroath. Totally dominant and as others have said, we should be well ahead. Combination of mainly bad finishing and occasional bad luck. Some good defending and keeping too. Tiff doing plenty of good things, but also taking a lot of wrong options. Must be difficult as we rely so much on him to be creative.

Edited by partickthedog