Raith Rovers

Lambies Lost Doo

I know this is a stupid question but how many points do we have after today's game?

I thought we started today 5th in the table with 29 pts.

I see that after today's awesome victory the BBC table shows us 4th with 29 pts. Is this correct?

All the other clubs seem to have their results updated!

1 minute ago, exiledjag said:

I know this is a stupid question but how many points do we have after today's game?

I see that after today's awesome victory the BBC table shows us 4th with 29 pts. Is this correct?

Fourth with 31 points.

1 minute ago, exiledjag said:

BBC's website thought it was a 0-0 draw.  Their TV banner didn't acknowledge the game at all.

Good old BBC!

Get in there Jags.

What are Arbroath all about?  Although its the Jags I want top I cant get that wee smile off my face for there success and how it might feel to be one on there lifelong fans.  When would be that last time they rode so high?

Jags to win the league and Arbroath second would be alright with me.  

Just now, topcat said:

Get in there Jags.

What are Arbroath all about?  Although its the Jags I want top I cant get that wee smile off my face for there success and how it might feel to be one on there lifelong fans.  When would be that last time they rode so high?

And Arbroath to dump Ross County in the play offs.

Lucky to score in the end - in the 6th minute of added time!

Bannigan's aimless punts to the right wing (because he needs his right foot for standing on) and other sterling efforts at giving away possession ensured that, despite playing 10 men, the outcome was uncertain right to the end. 4 minutes into added time, with Sneddon in possession and fog obscuring any view from a distance, seemed to be the time to decide on a laboured progress up the park played out from the defence, in case a quick ball appearing out of the fog were an unfair surprise to the opposition.

16 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Ship last minute goals for about 10 years, then one comes along for Thistle and probably nobody could even see it :D

The ref might well have abandoned.  Thankfully we're a big team.

The ref might well have blown for full-time.  Thankfully we're a big team.

Edited by Albert's Ghost
more snash

12 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Fourth with 31 points.

Thanks for this.  Thought we would have been somewhere around 2/3 pts adrift of top.

3 minutes ago, topcat said:

Get in there Jags.

Agree with this.

Would be even better if the relegated clubs included 2 from Dundee, Ross Co, or St Mirren. Would have included  Dundee Utd  but to do so is probably unrealistic given their current league position

9 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

Lucky to score in the end - in the 6th minute of added time!

Bannigan's aimless punts to the right wing (because he needs his right foot for standing on) and other sterling efforts at giving away possession ensured that, despite playing 10 men, the outcome was uncertain right to the end. 4 minutes into added time, with Sneddon in possession and fog obscuring any view from a distance, seemed to be the time to decide on a laboured progress up the park played out from the defence, in case a quick ball appearing out of the fog were an unfair surprise to the opposition.

Lucky with the timing of the goal, but as others have said we squandered quite a few chances. As for bannigan he frustrates me at times too especially if we need to speed the tempo up. But...he doesn't hide and that can't be said for a few thistle players. Anyway another clean sheet. 16 points for the quarter. All in all we are in a decent position and better that most predicted. A few in this January and I expect us to improve. 

5 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Yeah. Strange decision. Killie fans on P and B are saying their performances were getting worse.

Just had a look. From the start of November they've taken 3 points from 5. Scored 2 goals in those games. Big downturn from their early season form. Can't say I'm surprised. 

Have to be happy with that..comfortable clean sheet and three points .Our tails were up from the get go and should have been out of sight by halftime .Just a bit worried about our squandering of golden opportunities …need to address this urgently  in transfer window .

Thought Zanatta was poor  today and Rovers overall looked ordinary and were there for the taking .,saw some of their fans venting their spleens outside the ground ….they’ll no be “dancing in the Streets of Raith “ tonight . 

• Like 1